Wake up Wednesday

simonhead
simonhead Posts: 1,399
edited October 2014 in The bottom bracket
Yeh its Wednesday, have the lurgi going round the office, bleeding constant cough and splutterings.

Nice ride in though all be it in the rain, very quiet through the park.

Coffee being drunk and croissants on the go.
Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    When are you off to Egypt?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Friday early doors
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • Brisk ride in this morning on the winter donkey, much slower than the summer thoroughbred.

I'm making a determined effort to be super-productive today and clear some of my back-log: reports, orgainsing a big party, eating a bit of lunch, obligatory coffee bar chat, a bit of surfing, slope off home.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Lurgy in his office, trip to Africa. Should we have a sweep on when Simon contracts Ebola?
    Wimped out of the ride to work as I had to carry some stuff in one day this week so I thought it should be today. Bunking off early as I don't have the patience to sit in traffic any more, especially on the way home.
    Not much else to report other than I will be attacking my carbon forks with a pillar drill at some point as some idiot sheered a screw in them. You may hear screaming if I make a complete balls up of that job. Maybe my bike shouldn't have mudguards ever again. Wish me luck.
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    Got the horrible feeling I've got a cold starting. Bit annoying as I've got a week in the Lake District starting on Saturday and there's a good chance of getting my bike up there.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Lurgy in his office, trip to Africa. Should we have a sweep on when Simon contracts Ebola?

You're going 'skiing' with him in Surbiton soon aren't you so I reckon you're next :wink:

More colouring in and counting for me today, they really should sack the boss as we're all far more productive in his absence, we could share half his salary as a pay rise between us, win-win I reckon, might go and have a word with HR :lol:

I too am bunking off early as I have a trip to the dental hygienist, I don't mind my mouth being poked with those scrapper things though as she has a cracking rack :twisted:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Arran - pics please

Today is obviously a signature day :(
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,317
    Dropped Toots of at nursery, the lovely Nicola from the bank was there and looking good at 8.45 am! Sigh.
    Rained all the way there and all the way back - what is it with toots and puddles? Some sort of primeval magnetism?
    Time to put the thoroughbred summer bike away (sniff) and get out the rusty old heavy one with crudcatchers and illumination.
    Today i'll be mowstly debt collecting from dodgy scrap merchants that won't pay up without coercion.

laters.

@ V68, pics of the forks please. How come you seem to know what you're doing yet '...some idiot sheered a screw in them' ? I reckons it was you.
    @ Simonhead, did you pack the NBC suits?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    @ V68, pics of the forks please. How come you seem to know what you're doing yet '...some idiot sheered a screw in them' ? I reckons it was you.
    Thread has always been bad in there, I should have tapped it out but didn't. I was putting the mudguards on when I was tired, then a mate turned up so I was talking to him rather than concentrating on what I was doing. The moral of the story is; don't fettle when you're tired as that's when you make stupid mistakes.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Arran you going to put those pictures on the fridge as the family pride and joy?
    Productivity when the boss is out may be up but is it the right type of productivity?

Still no pics Pina? I mean what could go wrong

V68, when this does go wrong do let us know, maybe on Friday morning so we can have a good laugh before the weekend
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,317
    @ V68. Warning: Grandma, suck, teaching, eggs, to...

If the bolt is Alu drill it out. If it is steel, find one of your clients to do it and swallow your pride or send them to me.
    When I took delivery of my C40, it had a downtube adjuster screw broken off but luckily it was soft with a sufficient protrusion to cut a screw slot in it and wind it all the way in and out through the other side (big phew). Course you could always buy a set of SKS crudders if it goes mammaries up, no need for eyelets - time to get the angle grinder out :D

PS Spell checker doesn't recognise 'C40'; unsophisticated stupid basket thing.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    Thanks for the vote of confidence guys.
    Are we saying Arran should put pictures of the dental hygenists rack on the household fridge? I can't see that going well.
  • arran77
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Arran you going to put those pictures on the fridge as the family pride and joy?

Err, let me think about that..... :lol:
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Productivity when the boss is out may be up but is it the right type of productivity?

Yep, actual proper real work, as I said to matthewh yesterday, managers are superfluous :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    get out the rusty old heavy one with crudcatchers and illumination.
    You have a bike with MTB'ers attached to it? Sound a bit like Mad Max meets Stranraer to me.

My tiredness is now definitely down to lergy that I've caught from the EPO. Sympathy levels are zero as expected. Just got to get through signing off our quarterly numbers and dealing with French tax audits, aka legalised extortion, then it's time for some sleep. How exciting.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77
    Stop the boat :shock:

There's a stranger down there v

Aggieboy, where you been :shock:

seanoconn
  • veronese68
    arran77 wrote:

Sshhhh! You've scared him off.
  • arran77
    Veronese68 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

Sshhhh! You've scared him off.

You lot all missed him :lol:

seanoconn
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Are you sure that you have not been over doing it at work this week? :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • veronese68
    Success! Broken screw drilled through, thread tapped, mudguard now fitted complete with new screw.