Ebay. What a shambles

greg66_tri_v2.0
greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
edited October 2014 in Commuting chat
For no particularly good reason, other than a sudden bout of Malicious Net Cop-itis, I've been trying to get this auction:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Campagnolo-Bo ... 1434342661?

pulled by ebay.

They're not Boras, and it's nothing short of a fraud to claim they are (which the seller does five times by my count). They're some Chinese generic rims with Bora stickers on them. Simple.

Ebay's just not remotely interested. Not a nibble.

Why do I care? No idea. I just do.
Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
Bike 2-A

Comments

• sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Have you tried informing Campag? There trademark department would probably carry a lot more weight in the getting the ad removed than you.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    I wouldn't worry about it. Can't believe anyone will be daft enough to bid...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,318
    A couple of people in the road section have tried to report them to Ebay too.
  • davmaggs
    davmaggs Posts: 1,008
    eBay are never interested.

It hurts when you are ripped off, but honestly I wonder why anyone is surprised that eBay isn't interested. After more than a decade of eBay scams people still complain about them as if it were news. The Sunday newspapers still have complaints in the money section about paypal refunds too.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    How bizarre - Shimano Freehub.

You'd have to wonder whether anyone would actually fall for this. Surely if you know what a Campag Bora wheel is you probably won't be looking to get one for your Shimano equipped bike. And at least they look comically bad.

The object of course is no worse than the dodgy Dogmas but this one stands out by the bare faced lying of the seller.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    Reported item as a counterfeit.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    a while back i asked Castelli about some shorts and jerseys on amazon i even gave them the link and they said yes fine most likely end of season or old stock, they weren't

I think these companies really aren't all that fussed, its more software, music, movies that gets companies to act.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    Item has been pulled I think.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,318
    And immediately relisted.
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    The item wasn't pulled. The auction ran it's course with no buyers, hence it's been relisted.

I reported it to ebay a couple of days ago. Total waste of my time.
  • From what I can see, original listing ran its course with no bidders, then immediate relist, and now the relist has been pulled. Seller has no items currently for sale.

Result!

Possibly in no small part thanks to Sketchley. I pinged a message yesterday to Campag in Italy with a link to the auction.

Small triumphs can be *so* satisfying...
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    From what I can see, original listing ran its course with no bidders, then immediate relist, and now the relist has been pulled. Seller has no items currently for sale.

Result!

Possibly in no small part thanks to Sketchley. I pinged a message yesterday to Campag in Italy with a link to the auction.

Small triumphs can be *so* satisfying...

You BUSTARD what am i supposed to do with these "excellent" wheels now
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.