Alice Gross Murder Suspect

2»

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Imposter wrote:
    A spanner in the works and one for the lapidator-Carbonator:

The last CCTV footage shows the girl passing a section of the canal, but later there is no sign of the suspect crossing the same section, as an indication that he must have cut out of the canal path before that point. The chances of the two meeting at a later point are not that high, as all the side paths bring back to residential areas and not back onto the canal. This is just one of the many mysteries this story seem to have. There is a more than zero chance that a third person(s) is involved.

In other words, there is still a lot of investigative work to do and the reconstruction is by no means conclusive

Too late Ugo - carbonator has already convicted the suspect, using nothing but circumstantial evidence.

He's also selected a sentence for him which is as yet a mystery but is apparently more appropriate than prison or hanging yourself.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Carbonator wrote:
    If you think we need to wait for a trial of a convicted murderer who was cycling behind a missing school girl that was later found murdered (who then went missing before being named I believe), then you are sticking up for him.

Pretty sure he will be found guilty pretty soon. At which point you will have stuck up for a child killer.

As a parent, you should know which of the two options would bring the most closure.
    Personally I would want a third option, but guessing you would not think that fair on the child killer.
    I am not sure the parents are likely to find 'closure'. It is a weird piece of American psychobabble.

Are people suggesting that he committed suicide because he was innocent or is their some sort of conspiracy theory? Considering his past that seems highly unlikely, and that simply he killed the girl and remorse, shame or fear led him to kill himself.

He isn't going to be found innocent or guilty just like Saville never was either. It is all kind of academic now though isn't it.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    edited October 2014
    nathancom wrote:
    Are people suggesting that he committed suicide because he was innocent or is their some sort of conspiracy theory? Considering his past that seems highly unlikely, and that simply he killed the girl and remorse, shame or fear led him to kill himself.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but unless you have access to any results from the ongoing forensic investigation, then there is nothing - apart from some video footage which shows him on the canal path on the same day - that connects him in any tangible way to the girl's murder. However likely or unlikely, it's quite possible that his death may be entirely unrelated and his presence on the path that day entirely coincidental. Alternatively, he may well be the culprit, but at the moment there is just as much chance that the murder was committed by someone else completely.
  • arran77
    nathancom wrote:
    He isn't going to be found innocent or guilty just like Saville never was either. It is all kind of academic now though isn't it.

I'd imagine that it's far from academic for poor Alice's parents.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • nathancom
    arran77 wrote:
    nathancom wrote:

I still don't get why they would doubt for one moment that he did it.
  • nathancom
    Imposter wrote:
    nathancom wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but unless you have access to any results from the ongoing forensic investigation, then there is nothing - apart from some video footage which shows him on the canal path on the same day - that connects him in any tangible way to the girl's murder. However likely or unlikely, it's quite possible that his death may be entirely unrelated and his presence on the path that day entirely coincidental. Alternatively, he may well be the culprit, but at the moment there is just as much chance that the murder was committed by someone else completely.
    So why did he kill himself in this scenario of an alternate murderer? If it looks like a duck...
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    nathancom wrote:
    So why did he kill himself in this scenario of an alternate murderer? If it looks like a duck...

As I said - the two events may be entirely coincidental.
  • arran77
    nathancom wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    nathancom wrote:

They may well not doubt it but from my perspective as a parent trying to get as much 'closure' as is possible in such cases I would want to see the person responsible found and justice done through the judicicial system.

seanoconn
  • nathancom
    arran77 wrote:
    nathancom wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    nathancom wrote:

They may well not doubt it but from my perspective as a parent trying to get as much 'closure' as is possible in such cases I would want to see the person responsible found and justice done through the judicicial system.
    I am sure judicial revenge can help make things like this less painful for a short period and he has taken the coward's way out instead of facing up to his actions preventing them having that moment.

I don't really understand the impulses that drive people to such heinous crimes against vulnerable people. It makes the world seem a very dark place when these things happen. I sometimes wish our daughter would remain a 1 year old so she won't ever face danger.
  • arran77
    nathancom wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    nathancom wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    nathancom wrote:

I am sure judicial revenge can help make things like this less painful for a short period and he has taken the coward's way out instead of facing up to his actions preventing them having that moment.

I don't really understand the impulses that drive people to such heinous crimes against vulnerable people. It makes the world seem a very dark place when these things happen. I sometimes wish our daughter would remain a 1 year old so she won't ever face danger.

I actually think that when things like this go through the judicial system the outcome for the victims families is likely to be of longer term benefit than just making things less painful for a short period of time because it gives you answers and enables our minds to 'process' death.

The way the human mind works means that it can't cope with having unanswered or unsolvable situations.

seanoconn