Manky Monday

arran77
arran77 Posts: 9,260
edited October 2014 in The bottom bracket
Morning.

Came in early today as I actually have work to do this week so you'll have to amuse yourselves I'm afraid :lol:

I've got to find my colouring pencils and scale rule and remember how to measure pipework off of a drawing it's been so long :lol:

Going to have an early finish though as I'm off to give blood later 8)
"Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn

Comments

• simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Busy weekend topped off with some pretty awesome steak yesterday, alas the friends we had over for dinner yesterday dont understand that good steak should only be cooked one way. Mild hangover this morning probably due to the mini keg of ale (Ascot Ales Aligator) that was drunk by myself.

If the weather stays good will try and get a few miles in this evening, if its not I am under orders to start packing for holiday.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,320
    Is that a skiing holiday Simon? Surbiton isn't that far, sorry to disappoint you.
    Morning folks,
    Feeling rather stiff and achy this morning, but better than last week as I seem to have finally shaken this bug I had. Hopefully it will be a relatively easy day at work as the office phucktard has been moved, which is good. Short stroppy colleague was more grumpy than usual though. So I told him I don't care if he has a miserable existence he shouldn't inflict it on me as I really don't give a toss. He tried to look hurt and offended, but the more I ranted at him the less grumpy he got. He seems to be back to normal now.
    Hmmm, more tea needed and I really should change out of my cycling gear, not that jeans and a t shirt are much smarter.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    arran77 wrote:
    Morning.

I actually have work to do this week :lol:

I've got to find my colouring pencils

Enough said eh.

Morning folks, just. Feel a bit more alive today than I did yesterday. Didn't make my ride yesterday due to drunken state, first time ever, normally I man up and think I'll just vomit after the first hill. (ignoring the recent Wild Wales but that was a friends wedding and was always a maybe due to a drive to Bala)

Came in early today as I had lots of work to do, only just been able to sit down and open the emails / internet. Think I shall ignore my phone today, the benefit of having a caller ID screen.

Slow cooked pulled pork for dinner tonight though
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,497
    arran77 wrote:
    Morning.

Came in early today as I actually have work to do this week so you'll have to amuse yourselves I'm afraid :lol:

I've got to find my colouring pencils and scale rule and remember how to measure pipework off of a drawing it's been so long :lol:

Falls off seat in shock :shock: :) Unless of course the 'work' is actually the blood donation...

Had a very good pedal in, only missed a PB by stopping to buy fruit on the way. Not so sure about the return trip, it may be soggy but WTF. Lots of work on this week but will be getting a free posh dinner on Thursday where large amounts of wine will be involved.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    The last Monday of this signature (hopefully)
  • veronese68
    matthew h wrote:
    Are you going to have a drink to celebrate? I suggest it's best avoided as not only could it make for a heavy week but it's probably not conducive to completing your work.
  • arran77
    sa0u823e wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Morning.

I actually have work to do this week :lol:

I've got to find my colouring pencils

Enough said eh.

I have to count what I colour in too :lol:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Morning.

Falls off seat in shock :shock: :) Unless of course the 'work' is actually the blood donation...

It's not but it's definitely the most important thing I'll be doing today :)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Are you going to have a drink to celebrate? I suggest it's best avoided as not only could it make for a heavy week but it's probably not conducive to completing your work.

on Friday :)
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Does your local have a dartboard? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Does your local have a dartboard? :)

don't know, never gone past the bit that sales beer :)
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Have you been drinking? :P
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Have you been drinking? :P

No, just tired :(
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,344
    F*cking wind, knew I should have eased up on the Chilli Con Carne.

Apart from that, couldn't set off on the collection run as scheduled so my week just got a bit longer and the winter bike will have to come out to play if I want a bike ride as evenings are the only option.
    Just noticed how filthy my summer bike is. I have cleaned the chain a few times but the rest of it, twice. I know a bloke in Portugal who does jobs like that, perhaps i'll post it to him.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • simonhead
    Ended up having to pack for holidays, did make a very good dinner of courgette spaghetti carbonara. Today is mostly going to be head down trawling through candidates that want to work in PNG
  • pinno
    simonhead wrote:
    Ended up having to pack for holidays, did make a very good dinner of courgette spaghetti carbonara. Today is mostly going to be head down trawling through candidates that want to work in PNG

Err...I hate to tell you this but it's Tuesday today Simon.
  • veronese68
    simonhead wrote:

He hid his post so you don't apply to work in PNG. Sounds good to me though, I wonder if I'm qualified.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Shall we all go in PNG, even Arran, heard he makes a good brew
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    What does PNG stand for?
  • simonhead
    Veronese68 wrote:
    simonhead wrote:

He hid his post so you don't apply to work in PNG. Sounds good to me though, I wonder if I'm qualified.

You are from Surrey sir, of course your qualified.

Its family status as well
  • veronese68
    Papua New Guinea or Procter 'n' Gamble. Normally the former, but I have no idea in this case.
    Google shows also Portable Network Graphics, persona non grata, a Romanian political party or more likely perhaps piped natural gas. I did once apply for a job selling valve for gas lines. Family status? Not sure what then. Pregnant 'n' Gay?
  • simonhead
    Papua New Guinea, its an Operations managers role that requires significant experience with tankers, you can take the wife and kids if you want. Not the safest place in the world but you aint likely to catch Ebola
  • arran77
    simonhead wrote:
    Papua New Guinea, its an Operations managers role that requires significant experience with tankers

We're all over qualified then with the 'tankers' we have to deal with here :wink:

seanoconn
  • veronese68
    simonhead wrote:
    Papua New Guinea, its an Operations managers role that requires significant experience with tankers, you can take the wife and kids if you want. Not the safest place in the world but you aint likely to catch Ebola
    Maybe the bloke that's currently in Hong Kong but doesn't want to come back to the UK because of all the immigrants will take it. I really hope he was joking.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Yeah, PNG, lovely place. They settle neighbourhood disputes with machetes. Bit of piracy (the serious kind) goes on lately too, gotta make the Tanker master's job fun. I wonder if that's why there's a vacancy?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS