Northwave Celsius Artic GTX boots

cube1961
cube1961 Posts: 76
edited October 2014 in MTB buying advice
I,m thinking of buying a pair of these boots , my question is are they ok to use with flat DMR V12 pedals ?
Also I would like your views if anyone has these or are there equally good alternatives as these aren't cheap

Comments

• Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    No. They're designed for SPD's and only SPD's.

The grip is pretty poor on hard surfaces (you know, rocks, tarmac, etc) - you'll kill yourself on a set of flats wearing these!

I have a pair, and they're a great winter boot. On SPD's.

For winter riding on flats, I wear my 5:10's. Given more money, I would ditch these and buy some Shimano AM41's.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Thank you
  • Just orderd a pair of the Shimanos f or £52 from Tweek Cycles :D
    Thank you again
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    cube1961 wrote:
    Just orderd a pair of the Shimanos f or £52 from Tweek Cycles :D
    Thank you again

Very welcome.

Wore my Northwaves into work today and I can re-confirm - grip on hard surfaces is somewhere between 'sketchy' and 'hilarious'! But at least my feet were dry!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.