voodoo hoodoo or bizango?

mcgann_77
mcgann_77 Posts: 39
edited October 2014 in MTB buying advice
hi all,after searching and asking advice on here I went to Halfords today all set to go for a voodoo hoodoo as they seemed best buy between that and a btwin rock rider 520 and calibre two two.when I got there I was chatting with one of the Halfords guys and to cut a long story short he pointed out the bizango and told me it was a whole more bike for the bit extra money.there was also a deal with 10% off this weekend too which ends tomorrow.i was wondering what you guys think is best and if the bizango is that much better than the voodoo and worth the extra money?thanks
http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/m ... in-bike-18

Comments

• Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    2 completely different bikes due to the differing wheel sizes. If you can try them it'd help you decide. They'll both handle differently so although the spec is better you may find you don't like the larger wheels, you may love them though.
  • yeah true ,but I doubt i'll have the chance to try them out unfortunately.thanks for your reply
  • JayX2A
    JayX2A Posts: 113
    My Halfords had both, and tried them both and got the Hoodoo. 29ers just feel too big upfront to me.
  • muely
    muely Posts: 5
    mcgann_77 wrote:
    hi all,after searching and asking advice on here I went to Halfords today all set to go for a voodoo hoodoo as they seemed best buy between that and a btwin rock rider 520 and calibre two two.when I got there I was chatting with one of the Halfords guys and to cut a long story short he pointed out the bizango and told me it was a whole more bike for the bit extra money.there was also a deal with 10% off this weekend too which ends tomorrow.i was wondering what you guys think is best and if the bizango is that much better than the voodoo and worth the extra money?thanks
    http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/m ... in-bike-18

I was between the same bikes and went for the Hoodoo.

Really, really like it so far - Got it built at a local bike place as Halfords tend to vary from excellent to incredibly bad depending on the branch you visit.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Or just do it yourself, cheaper if you order online with that option as well.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.