wheel upgrade

mekkhombre
mekkhombre Posts: 19
edited October 2014 in Road buying advice
I am looking to upgrade my Mavic cxp22 wheels which came with my bike. I have a limited budget of up to £200 so will probably be looking for discounted wheelsets. Does anyone have any knowledge of the CERO AR24 from Cycle Division currently discounted by 50%. Any other suggestions most welcome.

Comments

• keezx
    keezx Posts: 1,322
    I doubt if it will be an "upgrade" (depends what you expect), but those wheels cetrtainly look an attractive offer.
    What bothers me is that nothing is specfied about the rims , not the least important part of a wheel....
  • letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    I replaced a set of Mavic cxp22 with the CERO AR30. They are a much better set of wheels and in my opinion the CERO 24 would be an upgrade on the CXP 22. Look at the reviews for the CERO wheels on the cycle division website or even do a search on this site - you will find most of the reviewers (those who have used them) very favourable.
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    define better. A well built 32H CXP22 wheelset with decent hubs will outlive by some margin the low spoke count CERO wheels. So better is a matter of opinion. If you say better say in what way please.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    define better. A well built 32H CXP22 wheelset with decent hubs will outlive by some margin the low spoke count CERO wheels. So better is a matter of opinion. If you say better say in what way please.

If the CXP 22 wheel set came with the bike, the chances are the hub and build quality are not likely to be fantastic.
    Both my wheel sets have had approximately the same mileage circa 5000 miles - the CXP 22 the spokes have broken on one occasion and there is significant play in the rear wheel, the CERO wheel set has had none of those problems. The CERO roll, feel and ride better - although this is subjectively my experience, then the Mavic CXP 22 wheel set. The CERO shod with 25mm Conti GP4000s rides as well as my Archetype wheel set shod with 28mm Vittoria Rubinos.
  • letap73 wrote:
    I replaced a set of Mavic cxp22 with the CERO AR30. They are a much better set of wheels and in my opinion the CERO 24 would be an upgrade on the CXP 22. Look at the reviews for the CERO wheels on the cycle division website or even do a search on this site - you will find most of the reviewers (those who have used them) very favourable.

Thanks. I've read the reviews on CD website and the AR30's sound excellent