New frame- On one 456 evo ti???

shropshirelad1
shropshirelad1 Posts: 22
edited October 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hi all, I'm looking to change my frame, which is currently a Alu genesis core 40.
It's a bit harsh when the going gets rough especially at the back end, so where do I go next?
Don't really want a full sus so did a bit of digging and found some great reviews of the on one 456 evo ti frame, however I can't find them for sale anywhere.
Apparently the supplier in the US has gone bust so on one cannot supply one. They are currently looking for a new supplier but don't have any firm dates.
Do I wait or do I look elsewhere, any recommendations? Ideally I'd like to stick with TI for the more compliant ride, and it needs to be fun to ride.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Comments

• What makes you think TI is going to be more compliant? It'll be lighter than a comparable steel frame, but could be stiffer, could be softer.
  • What makes you think TI is going to be more compliant? It'll be lighter than a comparable steel frame, but could be stiffer, could be softer.

I might be wrong but I'm sure I've read that titanium is a lot more elastic than aluminium so the ride is more forgiving I.e. It absorbs a lot of the vibrations from the trail whereas the aluminium cannot do this to the same level.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Depends how it's made. Any material can be made springy or rigid.
    Ti will certainly be more expensive.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    456 ti is a lot more forgiving than either the 456 steel or carbon. A work mate has one just for commuting, a real waste.
  • miceden
    miceden Posts: 225
    The Genesis Latitude Ti is a really nice frame and they pop up fairly often for sale.