Thoughts on BMC Teammachine SLR03 105

sanspoof
sanspoof Posts: 111
edited October 2014 in Road buying advice
Ive been looking at this bike, looks lovely. Cut from the same cloth as the SLR02 from the looks of it, but with the spec a little downgraded and a slightly heavier frame....

I cannot quite stretch to the SLR02... What do people think of the SLR03 for 2015?

I would love your thoughts...it is either this or potentially a canyon CF for 1400....I like the look of the canyon and it has a better spec, it is just a canyon though and a but boring maybe? I can look at the BMC in my local evans too....

Cheers

:-)

Comments

• Go down to Evans and see if you can take a test ride (they say you can!) but also look on the BMC website for fitting advise you you can at least try out the appropriate frame to get a good feel.

I've only heard good things from the Teammachine, and if they have manage to maintain the ride feel of the 02 then it will probably be a great ride! I was initially planning on getting either an SLR02 or Cervelo R2 (same as last year's R3 frame that I fell in love with!) but as I'll be riding it hard in races I've scaled back my ambitions for the short term to an alloy machine which is easier to check for damage/ replace after a big crash.
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    The way the tubes join at different points and angles at the top of the seat tube makes me want to burn my eyes out with a poker, but at least it stands out from the crowd.

It's what you think that counts though
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem