Rose DX Pro - anyone?

andy_from_embsay
andy_from_embsay Posts: 343
edited October 2014 in Road buying advice
Thinking about one of these as a commuter/occasional crosser. The 3100 looks astounding value - UDi2, hydraulic discs, DT Swiss wheels, mudguard fittings - has anyone ridden the bike or the frame?

Comments

• stuyd
    stuyd Posts: 207
    Where have you found that deal?
    time to man up.
  • On their website - £1900. Rose only sell direct.
  • plodder73
    plodder73 Posts: 326
    The value of the Rose bikes are amazing. I am considering the CGF 3100 with DI2 for under 2k. The only downside is that you can't see them in the flesh, the uk rep lives in Wiltshire. I am not far from you Andy, have you seen any local? I haven't which to me is another reason to buy.
  • I had one (which was branded Red Bull) for about three years - amazing value - full Dura Ace Di2, DA C24 wheels etc for £2400. I got a small crack round the bottom bracket (which if I'm honest I think my "enthusiastic" attempts to get a press fit BB out without the right tools may have contributed to...) and they replaced the frame - superb service. That frame is now with a mate in Skipton who I could put you in touch with, who loves it (I'd already replaced it by the time the new one came through). Have another mate with a Xeon x-lite that he loves - he lives in Shipley if that's any good? Actually, having checked, his might be the CGF as it has the back brake down near the chainstay.
  • plodder73
    plodder73 Posts: 326
    Oh yes please, if it has the brake by the chain stay it will be the CGF. Any chance you could see if it would be ok for me to have a look at it. The chap from the bike shop in Skipton has a xeon x lite which I saw the other day, would love to see a CGF in the flesh.
  • that's my frame that Stu's got in Skipton. D'you want to PM me through the site and I'll put you in touch with my Shipley mate?

Edit - I've emailed you.
  • djp66
    djp66 Posts: 115
    I've recently taken delivery of a 2014 DX Pro 3000 and I'm impressed. For various reason not related to the choice of bike, I have a set of H plus Sons Archetypes with conti 4 seasons that I'm using on it at present. The supplied wheels with racing Ralph's will wait until off road beckons.

Assembly was easy and the setup out of the box was spot on, gears nicely indexed etc. ok, I know it's not the 3100 but the frame, fit & finish will be the same. I chose to go for a different saddle option and after 65km this morning my backside doesn't feel too bad :mrgreen:

There is a thread in Cyclocross about the DX Pro 2000/3000 - see http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40114&t=12984831

Not sure I can say much more to help and I'm too far away for you to have a look at - unless you're planning to visit Kent :lol:
  • That's brill, thanks - I'll be running it mainly on road, and have ordered some tubeless 28 tyres that'll work with the DT Swiss wheels - I also want to put some mudguards on it, but may go for the "easy on-off" of raceblades.

I've ordered the bike this morning - I wasn't sure how much customisation you can do as most of their bikes let you select various bits - so I've had to put a note on the order to say I want a compact, an Arione saddle and a bar with a round x-section as all my garmin mounts and lights etc are a round fitting.

Now the wait begins...
  • sophidog
    sophidog Posts: 180
    you can email them & start a dialogue re your preferences & fit if you like. their site shows you how to do your basic measurements & they will help you select frame size, stem etc. Drop them an email referencing your order number & you should have plenty of time to tweak your spec should you wish. They say that you can incorporate just about anything from their online store in your spec.
    I briefly test rode the CGF-3000 at the Cycle Show at the NEC last week & will be ordering one early next year. I will be doing the measuring & checking with them before i order. Brilliant value.....
    Road: Rose CDX-3000 Cannondale CAADX 105 2011
    Turbo: Fuji Nevada Mountain Bike(Y2K)
  • Thanks - I'm assuming my note on the order'll do the trick. I've had a Rose before and measured both my other bikes using their dimensions before pressing "buy" - but I was a bit surprised that on most bikes you can specify saddle, wheels etc as part of the order, whereas on the DX Pro it's just bar width, crank length and stem length (I think) - not even cassette.
  • Thanks - I'm assuming my note on the order'll do the trick. I've had a Rose before and measured both my other bikes using their dimensions before pressing "buy" - but I was a bit surprised that on most bikes you can specify saddle, wheels etc as part of the order, whereas on the DX Pro it's just bar width, crank length and stem length (I think) - not even cassette.
    I'm ordering one of these bikes probably tomorrow and speaking on email, they said the configurator will be online the next week or two and if you want to change anything in the meantime, to add a comment on the order form.
  • Brill, thanks CM. I'll do it by email in the meantime. Did they give you any idea of delivery time?
  • djp66
    djp66 Posts: 115
    Mine was a 2014 model and I configured all the options online when ordered so it'll be good when that is up and running.

My delivery time was 6 weeks.
  • Brill, thanks CM. I'll do it by email in the meantime. Did they give you any idea of delivery time?
    They said it's around 4 - 6 weeks from ordering at the moment.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,643
    If you've got any concerns, queries or issues just phone them. They are able to direct your call to an english speaker who will ensure the bike is as you want it, not just what's in their Configurator or catalogue. I rang them at least four times to check my measurements and component spec. Worth it to make sure you get what you want.
  • Email to Udo Brockman who I've dealt with a few times before - gave him my variations and he's coming back to me. Great service as usual.

Bike'll be mainly used as a winter bike/commuter but may try a bit of light off road and maybe CX on it. Pondering peggles - use Speedplay on all my bikes except my single speed commuter so have several seasons' worth of shoes - wondering whether to put SPDs on this and buy some new shoes (single speed lives away from home - i do a couple of days a week in Brum). The new bike may spend some time in Brum too, but I might end up wanting to keep it up north!