Need a chain guard!

ben123
ben123 Posts: 10
edited October 2014 in MTB buying advice
hi knowledgeable MTBers,
I've recently got a cube analog and its got Shimano Acera FC-M371 cranks without a chain guard. there are 4 holes in the outer ring that would suggest that it could take one. I've had quite a search but i cant find anywhere that sells a compatible guard by its self.
the holes are 80mm from the center and 110mm apart (evenly spaced)
Anyone know what would fit it. im getting oily trousers :(
please help.
thanks

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    That is a trouser guard you are looking for, there was one on eBay for Shimano chainwheels recently, don't get the. Truvativ one as it has a different bolt pattern.

I have a Shimano one but have lent it to a friend.....not sure what he's done with it!

Not sure why you need one on a mountain bike though, presumably you are using it for commuting?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    If your chain is that oily then either you putting on too much or the wrong lube or you need to clean your chain more often.
  • The Rookie
    Suspect he's wearing long trousers which suggests he's not riding where a mountain bike is expected to be ridden.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Plenty of people ride off road at weekends and ride the same bike to work Monday - Friday.
  • The Rookie
    Yes, maybe expected was the wrong word.....
  • That reminds me I need a shield for mine to put over the frame
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Why?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools