Fryday

arran77
arran77 Posts: 9,260
edited October 2014 in The bottom bracket
Morning.

Not a bad start to the day, already had a cuppa and a bacon and sausage baguette from the the sandwich van, it is Friday so fried pig product is the law right V68 :wink:

Should be a nice quiet day today with no boss and an early finish so all is good here 8)
"Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,325
    Yep, Fryday so dead piggy swimming in oil is the order of the day. Having a good day today. The sun is shining. My boss bought cakes in as the office phucktard is being moved closer to another department, so I upset the boss by telling people we were celebrating in front of said phucktard. That was quite polite by my standards, I've given him a few home truths several times in the past. Fried pig products will be consumed for lunch and the EPO is out later so I can work on bike stuff in the house.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    I had porridge :(
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Bacon and Sausage bap from the Cafe, run out of coffee in the office so need to go and get some. was due to have a meeting at Twickenham later but its just been pushed back to next week, if its decent when I get in I will get out on the bike.

Nor rugby this weekend unfortunately.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    20gms of sugar free muesli. Have you ever seen how little that is? Couple of spoonfuls of powder! 12gms of carbs, still sends my blood glucose thru the roof. Breakfast is a dangerous pass time. Cycling with friends for lunchtime curry and beer, Indian food is much better for blood glucose, perhaps I should eat it for breakfast, in fact paneer tika masala for breakfast sounds really nice :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • simonhead
    team47b wrote:
    20gms of sugar free muesli. Have you ever seen how little that is? Couple of spoonfuls of powder! 12gms of carbs, still sends my blood glucose thru the roof. Breakfast is a dangerous pass time. Cycling with friends for lunchtime curry and beer, Indian food is much better for blood glucose, perhaps I should eat it for breakfast, in fact paneer tika masala for breakfast sounds really nice :D

The wifes family sometimes make Dhosa for breakfast and they are great.

Its a sort of pancake filled with curry and often served with a minty yoghurt.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355
    Meh. Spreadsheet work. Hate the latest excel. Where have all the drop downs using the 'alt' key gone, thereby reducing pesky mouse usage ? Why is it such a dodgy/long winded filing system ? I hate apps, f*ck the app. Why does Windows vHate boot up so quickly but cause so much bother ? How come I can't have the drop down arrow on the address bar and tabs top left, why? - 'cos of the friggin app format.
    Right i'm off to get new tyres fitted on the van - real nuts and bolts, real people, proper dirt and muck - none of this virtual digital cyber shyte. Might fit those new vanes to the (top quality, 50L per min) Piusi hydrostatic pumps (proper work).
    Pity the laptop is too thin to give enough clearance to park the left wheel of the van on so that I can change the main diesel cannister filter.
    Got midgets all weekend as the OH is working silly shifts, so no bike for me. Meh. Think i'll go and find a communter to kick around on the way to the tyre company - that'll cheer me up. More coffee and EPO needed...

Laters.

PS have you tried muesli Samosa's T47?
    PPS Minty yoghurt, ffs.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    simonhead wrote:
    team47b wrote:

The wifes family sometimes make Dhosa for breakfast and they are great.

Its a sort of pancake filled with curry and often served with a minty yoghurt.

Sounds really nice, like the idea of crepes for breakfast, unfortunately I can't eat rice flour, but I will try and make them from almond flour :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Not sure I could live in the food world of you 47b.

Empty office today so I have to do all the work. But I can do whatever I like otherwise, such as constantly go to starbucks on campus for a coffee and a view.

New bearings in the rear wheel last night, the old ones were grim.

Lunch, I missed the grilled pig this morning, is it acceptable to have it for lunch?
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • arran77
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Lunch, I missed the grilled pig this morning, is it acceptable to have it for lunch?

Fried pig is Friday lunchtime ritual for V68 so I'd say it's acceptable :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    arran77 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

I've gone London posh and am scoffing a bacon and avocado baguette. Already downed a bowl of porridge mid morning and a big chicken + chilli toastie just before said posh sarni. I reckon this pedalling to work lark saves me sweet FA as the savings from buying less travel cards get eaten up (literally) by the huge amount of extra food I need to stuff my face with.

Only half a day more to survive...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Half a day :shock:

You work too hard :lol:

seanoconn
  • pinno
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Yep, as some Oligarch's biatch
  • Flâneur
    Afraid to click that link if I am honest.

Skipped the bacon and went with a smoothie, did head to Rococo for some chocolate though
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

I've gone London posh and am scoffing a bacon and avocado baguette. Already downed a bowl of porridge mid morning and a big chicken + chilli toastie just before said posh sarni. I reckon this pedalling to work lark saves me sweet FA as the savings from buying less travel cards get eaten up (literally) by the huge amount of extra food I need to stuff my face with.

Bacon & avocado baguette is a bit too poncy, not sure the dead pig content can save that.
    When I went from riding a motorbike to work to pedalling I saved £10 a week on fuel, I'd spend more than that on the extra food if the EPO didn't make my sarnies for me.
  • arran77
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Skipped the bacon and went with a smoothie, did head to Rococo for some chocolate though

Between you and Stevo you're well and truly lowering the tone of this Fryday thread, smoothies and avocados indeed :roll:

seanoconn
  • simonhead
    Chicken, Bacon & Spinach panini from the cafe. Rather good but was treated with suspicion by the unwashed of sutton when i used the S word, dont think many of the regular customers even know what spinach is.
  • Flâneur
    Its ok Arran I will make sure I will pick up some prosecco to drink tonight with my curry on the way home
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Its ok Arran I will make sure I will pick up some prosecco to drink tonight with my curry on the way home
    Pink prosecco?
    Went to the cafe, had the full fat bastard fry up. Then picked up some new power tools I'd ordered over the road.
  • simonhead
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Went to the cafe, had the full fat bastard fry up. Then picked up some new power tools I'd ordered over the road.

Ahh 2 of 3 P's of mankind satisfied, pork and powertools, did you pop into the local corner shop as well and pick up a few copies of Razzle as well?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,412
    Veronese68 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Pink prosecco?
    Grrrrrr, proper man, Grrrrr :lol:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • arran77
    simonhead wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Ahh 2 of 3 P's of mankind satisfied, pork and powertools, did you pop into the local corner shop as well and pick up a few copies of Razzle as well?

Ah, the 'Razzle Romp' centre fold spread, happy memories from my youth :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Yep, as some Oligarch's biatch
    Japanese Oligarchs? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    arran77 wrote:
    Between you and Stevo you're well and truly lowering the tone of this Fryday thread, smoothies and avocados indeed :roll:
    The peasants are revolting again :P Better not mention the champagne and caviar :wink:
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    The peasants are revolting again :P Better not mention the champagne and caviar :wink:

Why don't you pop over to sa0u823e's for some prosecco :P

seanoconn
  • pinno
    seanoconn wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Pink prosecco?

Yes Seano - I own a chainsaw, 2 drills, an extended reach petrol hedgecutter, some gaffer tape and an angle grinder. You're not a man until you've been let loose with an angle grinder.

When thing one and thing two develop mammaries and start looking at boys, they will come in useful.
  • arran77
    seanoconn wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Pink prosecco?

Yes Seano - I own a chainsaw, 2 drills, an extended reach petrol hedgecutter, some gaffer tape and an angle grinder. You're not a man until you've been let loose with an angle grinder.

When thing one and thing two develop mammaries and start looking at boys, they will come in useful.

I thought it was odd you mentioned the gaffer tape until I read that bit :lol:

seanoconn
  • pinno
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

Not before the 300 year old dry cured Prosciutto anti pasta washed down with Quintarelli Amarone della Valpolicella Classico surely? That would be so unsophisticated and almost barbaric.
  • veronese68
    :shock: :shock: Are you sure you should be encouraging such things?
  • veronese68
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

Not before the 300 year old dry cured Prosciutto anti pasta washed down with Quintarelli Amarone della Valpolicella Classico surely? That would be so unsophisticated and almost barbaric.
    Prosciutto and Amarone are more than acceptable. I have a cousin in the Valpolicella region, always get good wine there.
  • arran77
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

Oh forgive me, where were my manners :lol:

seanoconn