Stages Power Meter

aiwa_yamaha
aiwa_yamaha Posts: 137
edited October 2014 in Workshop
Hello people

I have had my Dura Ace 9000 Power Meter crank just over 3 days and i have been having problems with the battery. The first day i got it i put the battery in and did some test with the stages power meter app to check it works. The second day i got my Garmin 510 through i had a flat battery and assumed nothing of it. It was then till the 3rd day i went for a ride it had died again. I done some tests with the bluetooth last night to find out it was deactivating after 5 mins or so unless i moved the crank a full 360 to wake up the crank, which it did. I did this a few times just to confirm it wasn't a fluke. I then thought this was doing what it's meant to by turning off and in this morning again today the battery had died so something is still operating in the crank. I use the ANT + through my Garmin 510. Could this connectivity be draining my device?

Thanks.

Comments

• izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    Do some internet research and there are a few dodgy meters that are draining the batteries. Return it to shop or Saddleback (the distributor) as that shouldn't be occurring.

I team mine to a Garmin 810 and the only draining issue I had was when it got soaked in Ride London. Saddleback were great in sending me new battery cover with new seals and have no problem now.