Specialized S-Works Prevail Helmet

ayjaycee
ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
edited October 2014 in Road buying advice
Grateful for advice from any other Prevail owners out there. Mine is a 2013 in Chrome/Blue/Yellow which happily (but by coincidence) almost matches my new bike (2015 Specialized Allez Elite). The pads are about due a change (or at least a wash but I don't want to lose use of the helmet while they dry!). The pads themselves are easy enough to source (£10) but I am concerned about fitting them as the originals are fixed under the Mindset 'cage'. The question is - does the plastic cage just pull out of the main body of the helmet to facilitate replacement pads? I am reluctant to use force for fear of damaging what is a very expensive helmet to replace.
Also, I have had the helmet for about a year now and, when new, it came with a little bag containing a few decals, some very rudimentary instruction for the helmet and another bag with 6 small red pads - I have never really worked out what they are for - does anybody know?
I can post a couple of pictures if that will help - thanks in advance.
Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
Kinesis Racelight 4S
Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)

Comments

• fear not, they just pull out at the sides, grip next to where it joins the helmet, and then allow you to take the pad off. Quick hand wash (tend to split if put though the washing machine) and dry overnight. the red pads are to aid a better fit, but I've never needed to use them.