bike-discount.de

bluemoon17
bluemoon17 Posts: 718
edited October 2014 in Road buying advice
Tried doing a search but only came up with a couple of results. Just wondering if anybody has ordered from this website before, are they reputable? What was delivery time/customer service like?

Just after a cheap pair of bottom of the range Shimano R501's, and prefer the black/grey they have rather than the black/red which is all I can find over here!

Comments

• They also own Radon bike so yep legit http://www.radon-bikes.de/

I found a price error for Northwave Winter boots at 116 Euro instead of 179 Euro yday and they honored the price, ordered and the boots were here today.

*to clarify I'm in Germany hence next day delivery.
  • I have ordered from them a couple of times, tyres and other small items, they seem reliable and the stuff turned up promptly (to Kent). I can't comment on customer service as I had no reason to have to contact them.

I would order from there again.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    some of my Tri- friends use these guys as a supplier of preference - yes legit and apparently good
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • WindyG
    WindyG Posts: 1,099
    Used them loads of times, never had any issues and would be happy to carry on using them.
  • German - fast and efficient. I've used them loads of times. Highly recommended.
  • metronome
    metronome Posts: 670
    They're great. My last order was 2 weeks ago. Order took about 5 days to arrive. DPD, I think.
    tick - tick - tick
  • arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    Ordered a CX chainset and Ritchey seatpost last Thursday. Arrived Tuesday by DPD. Full tracking info provided.

My first time ordering from them. Based on this experience I would definitely use them again
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    I've ordered stuff from them and they've always been good. Prices are quite often much cheaper than in the UK.
  • I've used them a few times. Last time I bought a Busch + Müller light that turned out to be faulty. They handled the return very well and I had the new light 3 days after I had sent the faulty one.
    At least as good as any online UK retailer I have used, except they do not provide Haribo.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    WindyG wrote:
    Used them loads of times, never had any issues and would be happy to carry on using them.

Same here.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    Just bought a brand new Cube cyclocross frame from there for £80! Never had any problems with them, In fact, one of the first sites I check for buying stuff.
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    I bought a front light from them to save £60 on any UK price and was no different to ordering from any top British online retailer. Good service, fast delivery. Now on my Bookmarks.
  • Yep used them last week for new 5800 shifters and chainset (the 52-36 one that no one in the UK had at the time seemingly!) and they were the best price and delivered fast and efficient. Thumbs up from me...
    Current bike: 2014 Kinesis Racelight T2 - built by my good self!
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    No problems with my orders and quick delivery.
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    Don't forget the '-' in the name - there's also a bikediscount.de which is not the right one.