Rockshox XC32TK Solo Air Forks, Adjusting Travel

cheese_toastie
cheese_toastie Posts: 35
edited October 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi, I had a set of Rockshox XC32TK Solo Air 100mm travel forks on my mtb, but since the bottom bracket shell cracked a few weeks ago decided to use all the components on another frame.
The problem I have is this frame would be better using 120mm travel forks.
The SRAM Rockshox website says these forks come in 80mm/100mm/120mm but I cannot find any 120mm or 80mm versions on sale after looking at loads online bike sites.
Does anyone know if the 100mm travel forks I have are adjustable by swapping internal spacers or are they just not adjustable. Thanks in advance for any help or replies.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Some do, some don't, some can have the travel extended even if there are no spacers, some can't, only way to find out is to take it apart. If they are OE forks supplied to a large manufacturer the chances of spacers being there are approaching zero.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • These forks are not OE, they were bought only a few weeks ago from CRC.
    Having checked these forks again there is a sticker on them giving the recommended pressures for 80mm and 100/120mm for rider weight.
    There is nothing in the booklet that came with them about maintenance or adjustment, only installation instructions.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    CRC (and other) often sell OE stuff – bought in bulk and sold cheap, so you can’t always tell from that.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Get the manual off ten SRAM website and see what it says. If the steerer is 250mm it's not an OE fork, if it's not it likely is, the sticker is irrelevant, they use the same on all similar forks.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.