Tyre sizing/inner tube

rhysyd
rhysyd Posts: 141
edited October 2014 in Road beginners
Really newb question i know.

But i'm getting confused when it comes to Wheel/Tyre/Inner tube sizing.

Can somebody point me in the right direction of the correct size inner tube, as well as a decent fairly cheap winter road bike tyre and the specific size i would need for my bike which is..

preferably chain reaction as they've got £15 off £100 at the moment!

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/triban-500-s ... nformation

thanks for the help

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    The tyre is most likely 700c (unless it's a very small frame) you can then choose 23mm, 25mm, 28mm etc width.

For a winter tyre I'd look for 25mm, or even 28mm if the frame will take it.

As far as recommendations go how about some of what people suggested in your other thread you started in Road Buying :wink:

You really shouldn't be spending £100 though especially as you say you want cheap so don't limit the search to CRC :D
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • rhysyd
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/schwalbe-road-i ... pack-of-5/

I didnt think i posted that thread twice oops!
    what option of innertube do i need there too many choices?
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    In that link you've presta or schrader valve type, road bikes use presta valves.

The length after that refers to the length of the valve itself and unless you have deep section aero type rims the shorter length will be fine.

700 is the wheel size and the 'x' refers to the width of the tyre you have.

The presta 40mm 700 x 18/28 should therefore do you fine.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • rhysyd
    thanks arran mate