anti-facebook site

bianchimoon
bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
edited October 2014 in The cake stop
now there's a neat idea owned by cyclists as well
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-29409541
since deleting my facebook page last year not felt the need for something like this but if i did, well maybe!
All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    I saw this.

The guy who started it says he didn't see it as a threat to Facebook when he started it....yeah right :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • arran77 wrote:
    I saw this.

The guy who started it says he didn't see it as a threat to Facebook when he started it....yeah right :lol:

we can only hope, doubt it will get mainsream tho :|
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Bit surprised to see the tech analyst say nobody has moved away from a platform due to advertising or data mining. Is he one of these experts who never actually talks to anyone else or does any research?
  • Bit surprised to see the tech analyst say nobody has moved away from a platform due to advertising or data mining. Is he one of these experts who never actually talks to anyone else or does any research?
    thats the reason i deleted facebook, along with it just being a way of peeps showing off on what new car they had, where they'd been on holiday, where they'd eaten.. arghhhh keep it to yourselves!
  • thats the reason i deleted facebook, along with it just being a way of peeps showing off on what new car they had, where they'd been on holiday, where they'd eaten.. arghhhh keep it to yourselves!

I unfollow all the showboaters :D

Facebook's ideal for keeping updated on interests though. For staying up to date on the field I work in it's invaluable (I'm not a scarecrow). Also good for cycling related news, music and other interests.
    tick - tick - tick
    thats the reason i deleted facebook, along with it just being a way of peeps showing off on what new car they had, where they'd been on holiday, where they'd eaten.. arghhhh keep it to yourselves!

Is Vtech on Facebook then? :lol:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,081
    Bit surprised to see the tech analyst say nobody has moved away from a platform due to advertising or data mining. Is he one of these experts who never actually talks to anyone else or does any research?

not sure, but Arrans wife is :lol:
  • bianchimoon
    matthew h wrote:
    Bit surprised to see the tech analyst say nobody has moved away from a platform due to advertising or data mining. Is he one of these experts who never actually talks to anyone else or does any research?

You seen the pics of her too?,
    (I was going to say draped across vtech's bonnet, but it just didn't sound right)
    :D
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    matthew h wrote:

You seen the pics of her too?,
    (I was going to say draped across vtech's bonnet, but it just didn't sound right)
    :D

:shock:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    now there's a neat idea owned by cyclists as well

One with a very checkered history in the bike industry!
  • Speaking as somebody who couldn't give a toss about other people, especially those I don't know, Facebook completely perplexes me.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    I am anti social networking. However a friend of mine told me that it is an extremely tool to use against companies that 'screw you'. He related a story of his partner being ripped off by a gas servicing company. So he went to war on them using Facebook. They phoned him to ask him to stop bad mouthing them on the internet. He told them the campaign would continue until they repaired the faulty item they had installed. The company sent an engineer to his partners house within the week to make good all repairs and they also provided a voucher for a free boiler service.

Social Networking seems useful to me now. So I shall be using this as leverage against a certain insurance company who are trying to fob me off with unsuitable replacements to repair my bike and kit that got damaged in the summer when their customer knocked me off.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • bianchimoon
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Social Networking seems useful to me now. So I shall be using this as leverage against a certain insurance company who are trying to fob me off with unsuitable replacements to repair my bike and kit that got damaged in the summer when their customer knocked me off.

sounds a good project, be interesting to see if you get a result, I have an outstanding insurance issue that may/may not go my way keep us informed how you get on