Campagnolo Electronic gears problem charging

karel
karel Posts: 24
edited October 2014 in Road beginners
Bought a Dogma last week that has Electronic gears and after a few rides it is making 3 beeps around every 10 minutes or so, so I plugged it in exactly how the guy showed me and it is making no difference, the system is still beeping every 10 minutes, kept me awake most of the night as its in the spare bedroom. The charger flashes green when plugged in so no problems there, but when I plug it into the battery on the bike there are 2 lights on the charger and nothing lights up to say it is charging. There is the small box on the handle bars and I am sure a red light is suppose to flash here to say it is running out of charge but nothing.

Am I missing something as I have plugged it in with the arrows matching up and pushed it as far as it will go, is there any way of checking it is charging or if it is flat? Totally new to these so baffled at the minute.

Thanks

Comments

• rafletcher
    rafletcher Posts: 1,235
    I'd be inclined to contact the seller for advice in the first instance. But it could be a coincidental cell failure in the battery.
  • karel
    Just contacted seller but he does not know unfortunately, it was a private seller, may have to go to the bike shop just wondered if anyone has this and can advise on what the 3 beeps mean and if there is anything that shows up when the battery is going as there are no lights flashing anywhere
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    http://eps.campagnolo.com/system/docume ... 012_UK.pdf

You might have a loose wire somewhere - I dont think its a low battery ?
  • karel
    Thanks can't find the right page for that in the pdf, the gears are still working at the moment
  • pinarellokid
    pinarellokid Posts: 1,208
    Why don't you ask in the workshop section on here. You will get a much better response I'm sure
    Specialized S Works SL2 . Campagnolo Record 11spd. rolling on Campag Zonda wheels

http://app.strava.com/athletes/881211
  • karel
    Sorry did not see that section even after looking will do