Tango Tuesday

simonhead
simonhead Posts: 1,399
edited October 2014 in The bottom bracket
Morning rug munchers,

New girl in the company on the bottom floor and she is more orange than well an orange. Started watching crossing lines last night and 2 episodes in really enjoying it. Cat came in last night covered in Fox poo so had to give it a bath which went down really well.

Today is mostly spent doing stuff.
Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    I'm afraid today is another signature day
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Rug munchers round here, where? 8)
    simonhead wrote:
    Morning rug munchers

Morning.

Did I sleep through winter or something and wake up in summer 2015? It's gorgeous out there today, Stevo and the other Londonites must be loving their extended 'tit summer' this year :lol:

Not much going on today but this evening I need to sand down some more climbing holds to flog on eBay :D
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    matthew h wrote:
    What's your sig going to say in a couple of weeks?
    Morning folks,
    How are we all doing today? Nothing exciting to report. I've been bothered by customers and my boss is being irritating so nothing new there. It's a good job I'm so patient and tolerant.
    I find this helps when the boss gets irritating. Might have to do it for real though.
    I will have to be content with poisoning his tea until that day comes.
  • arran77
    Veronese68 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

We discussed this a while back, I think it was going to be along the lines of 'Still studying because I fucked my masters up by spending too much time on here' :wink:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    my boss is being irritating so nothing new there. It's a good job I'm so patient and tolerant.
    I find this helps when the boss gets irritating. Might have to do it for real though.

We have a similar problem, trouble is your link is banned here but we overcome that by really whacking him, he's had various things thrown at him over the years ranging from lever arch files to piles of drawings :lol: You should try it, like I said yesterday I think construction and the motor trade are pretty similar so you should get away with it :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Drove to work, had an argument about my access pass, going flying, having a bit of lunch, flying back, going home.
  • arran77
    Drove to work, had an argument about my access pass, going flying, having a bit of lunch, flying back, going home.

It all sounds very mysterious your life.

seanoconn
  • tlw1
    arran77 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

We discussed this a while back, I think it was going to be along the lines of 'Still studying because I farked my masters up by spending too much time on here' :wink:

Hookers and blow
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    arran77 wrote:
    Did I sleep through winter or something and wake up in summer 2015? It's gorgeous out there today, Stevo and the other Londonites must be loving their extended 'tit summer' this year :lol:
    I'm making the most of it, including doing as much pedalling through the nicer parts of Central London as possible, 'cos there's rain on the way next week. In the meantime it's quite handy having Regents Park near the office :)

In other news I'm now booked up for gravity days in October and November. Nothing for December yet but last year the Cruddites organised a 'Cruddy Christmas uplift' that involved doing DH wearing santa suits :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Reading sob stories of students who fluffed their lines over the summer and making them into case files... exciting not. However it makes a change from the usual picking up of various pieces and sticking them back together.

Matthew when are you submitting an appeal with the reason being Bikeradar forums?

Just bought some conti gp 4 seasons for the S works for the nice winter rides, well when the rear hub has been rebuilt after some horrendous sounds and clunking knock it gave me on Sunday.

I did get the mountain bike out last night. now sat in the dining room receiving glares from the better half, the dogs and the road bikes I imagine.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Bike fettlin' today, needed a new rear tyre on my Ridgeback hybrid, worn beyond wear indicators, only ridden it every day for four years, Continental tyres are rubbish :D

Changed the chain and cassette, chain had grown by about a link :D

WARNING BIKE RELATED QUESTION ON BB...
    Front wheel bearing a bit loose, normal wear, nipped it up a smidge, rear bearing a bit tight had to slacken it off, is it growing?
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Mrs has smashed her phone, needs new screen etc..... does meen that she has no way of calling me. result
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    team47b wrote:

Front wheel bearing a bit loose, normal wear, nipped it up a smidge, rear bearing a bit tight had to slacken it off, is it growing?

No one here owns a bike or knows anything about such contraptions
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    team47b wrote:
    Bike fettlin' today, needed a new rear tyre on my Ridgeback hybrid, worn beyond wear indicators, only ridden it every day for four years, Continental tyres are rubbish :D

You'll get warning for posting in the wrong section :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Hybrids?!!! DH bikes! Someone find a mod and get this thread locked, unspeakable horrors are being said. Won't somebody think of children?
  • Stevo_666
    Hybrids?!!! DH bikes! Someone find a mod and get this thread locked, unspeakable horrors are being said. Won't somebody think of children?
    Jeez, anyone would think I'd posted about scary spiders or something :mrgreen:
  • tlw1
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Matthew when are you submitting an appeal with the reason being Bikeradar forums?

No, that I'm a mong :)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    team47b wrote:

Is that a metaphorical question?
    Hybrids?!!! DH bikes! Someone find a mod and get this thread locked, unspeakable horrors are being said. Won't somebody think of children?

I have a metal baling machine. I wish some of these twisted evil pedallers on their bastardisations of the perfect form would use the opportunity I present them and absolve themselves of their sins and then buy proper bikes.
    Saw a 29er today at Next level bikes as I passed by. I wondered what odd looking person would ride such an odd looking piece of scaffolding with dustbin lids.

All work and no play till Thursday :lol: No more cans and oil till Monday next week. Done the paperwork, done the grass, done the dishes, fed the squiglets, fed me and OH. I think i'll ask the boss to give me a couple of days off. Oh hang on, I am the boss. Yes, I may have some time off.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    Saw a 29er today at Next level bikes as I passed by. I wondered what odd looking person would ride such an odd looking piece of scaffolding with dustbin lids.
    You do know 29ers are actually 700c with winter tyres don't you?
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:

No I didn't and either way you can stuff them (anywhere you like).
  • arran77
    Veronese68 wrote:

Bend over then, V68 needs somewhere to park his 29er :shock:

seanoconn
  • pinno
    arran77 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

I see, V68 is a bit tetchy over his 29er.
  • veronese68
    arran77 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

No, one advantage of it is that the wheels are interchangeable with the CX bike. Both having decent brakes.
  • arran77
    arran77 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

It's because they're the bastard of the mountain bike family :wink:

seanoconn
  • veronese68
    arran77 wrote:

It's because they're the bastard of the mountain bike family :wink:
    :lol: And a CX is the bastard of the road bike family. But so much betterer.