MTB replacement components advice

viper1984
viper1984 Posts: 8
edited September 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hi

I was looking for some advice on what parts to buy/what options I have please. I really know very little about what the difference between a good and poor part is so appreciate any expert advice.

I have a Giant Yukon FX 1 which needs the following parts replaced; front and rear brake pads, chain, cassette. I think this link contains the most information on the bike.
http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/bikes/mountain-bikes/product/review-giant-yukon-fx-1-08-29512/

In terms of usage; I use the bike for commuting to work on the road 99% of the time, and that 1% is off-road when I get the time.

I would appreciate it if you could let me know good parts to go for based on the above. In my head I was hoping to spend about £80 on all the parts but would be willing to pay more if there is something of a superior quality that will benefit me. Of course, I'm also happy to pay less if I don't need to spend that much.

Feel free to ask me any further questions which may help. Also feel free to give links to shop web pages if that's easier.

Kindly thanking you in advance.

Comments