OSIS

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,869
edited September 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Oh shoot its Sunday

Which means more study - can't wait. Hopefully we will nip to the pub as yesterdays nip meant I actually did some good editing last night :)

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,497
    Maybe us Crudders can help you with your essay? Just email it over and we can make a few edits to see whether the marker is paying attention :P

A morning of catching up on jobs is ahead after being out all day yesterday :roll:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Maybe us Crudders can help you with your essay? Just email it over and we can make a few edits to see whether the marker is paying attention :P

thanks................. I think :)
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    I'm game for a helping Mr H with his essay, my extensive vocabulary is often remarked upon when i'm being shyte on the golf course!

Hola bumders,

Tis indeed sunday and that means doing menial stuff before the crushing depression of monday at work kicks in!

Mrs 13 suggested we go for a bike ride today, i told her to "wash her mouth out!"

Anyhoo, have a lovely day one and all.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Morning Losers!

I'm contemplating studying an MBA myself, so I'll happily have a look at matthew h's essay, to see what I'm letting myself in for!

Today's a usual Sunday, except most of my friends I go out for dinner with are on holiday or moved away. We're down to about 2 regulars (me being one) :(

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • tlw1
    I'm contemplating studying an MBA myself

Whilst it has been a ball ache recently, I would recommend doing one.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,320
    Might have to get out of bed soon. The EPO is making bacon sarnies, they smell like they're about done.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Might have to get out of bed soon. The EPO is making bacon sarnies, they smell like they're about done.

remember to factor in the slow speed of your stannah stairlift
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Just back from a ride, 80km in 32 degrees certainly gets you through the fluids especially as it's very very humid!

Chilling out with a brownie and a large slab of cheesecake before deciding what to do for the rest of the day!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,497
    matthew h wrote:

Not enough being a chartered accountant? Is this MBA thing the matthew h equivalent of lion taming? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Not enough being a chartered accountant? Is this MBA thing the matthew h equivalent of lion taming? :)

:lol:

think of the money this has saved me, as I can't go out!!!! 4 yrs of restricted drinking offsetting the £20k to do the course :)
  • I havent done one of these in a loooong time.

Not much has happened since. Since the last time i posted in here, i have turned 18 (been a week, and still no alcohol purchased!), failed my AS exams quite dramatically due to a combination of factors, i am now going somewhere else for education so am no longer commuting by bike. And wont really have much time to get out on the MTB probably. Basically my life is pretty meh.

Watched the Goodwood Revival on ITV 4 this morning, had a biiiig breakfast, im now sitting down trying to get my arse in gear with the studies. Taking a different maths course to last year, so i need to get studying.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I havent done one of these in a loooong time.

Not much has happened since. Since the last time i posted in here, i have turned 18 (so now a legal rent boy), failed my STD exams quite dramatically due to a combination of factors, mainly pervy, i am now going somewhere else for my pick ups. Basically my life is pretty meh.

Watched the Tellytubbies on ITV 4 this morning, had a biiiig obvious, im now trying to get my ars* waxed

How's your mum?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

think of the money this has saved me, as I can't go out!!!! 4 yrs of restricted drinking offsetting the £20k to do the course :)
    You're a chartered accountant too!? Fark. Also, if you've had 4 years of restricted drinking, God help us when you graduate :lol:
    Yeah, I'm considering it, mainly because it'll get me a better job with much better pay. It will cripple me financially doing it though :roll:
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • cooldad wrote:

Not much has happened since. Since the last time i posted in here, i have turned 18 (so now a legal rent boy), failed my STD exams quite dramatically due to a combination of factors, mainly pervy, i am now going somewhere else for my pick ups. Basically my life is pretty meh.

Watched the Tellytubbies on ITV 4 this morning, had a biiiig obvious, im now trying to get my ars* waxed

How's your mum?

Thanks for correcting my mistakes. And no comment :lol:
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Afternoon bumders

I've had a shit week, got beaten up by a pony, split up with the GF, got drunk and shaved my legs, then on top of all that I have to go down to f****** Bristol later, massive CBA.

TTFN
  • tlw1
    Yeah, I'm considering it, mainly because it'll get me a better job with much better pay. It will cripple me financially doing it though :roll:

Will work help out? Mine have been really good and IF I pass I will get back the money I've spent.

If they won't help it could be worth investing in the first part of the course via the OU and then go job hunting whilst you are getting your MBA
  • tlw1
    cooldad wrote:

How's your mum?

• matthew h wrote:

Will work help out? Mine have been really good and IF I pass I will get back the money I've spent.

If they won't help it could be worth investing in the first part of the course via the OU and then go job hunting whilst you are getting your MBA
    They might help, however it wouldn't necessarily be a benefit to my workplace (it would probably mean I'm more qualified than the people running the place!) so I imagine they'll probably not help.

That's not a bad idea though. Might look into that route. Are you going through the OU?
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • tlw1
    matthew h wrote:

They might help, however it wouldn't necessarily be a benefit to my workplace (it would probably mean I'm more qualified than the people running the place!) so I imagine they'll probably not help.

That's not a bad idea though. Might look into that route. Are you going through the OU?

Yes, the advantage of the OU is flexibility, ie, you could start a course that would benefit work and then switch after completing one of the modules. On the MBA course we had a few IT guys that had switched from a technology course.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Evening gimps.

Decent ride today even if was on the roadie :shock:

It was all for a good cause though, I was raising money for the Breast Care Appeal at our local hospital after they did so much to get Mrs 77 better over the last 6 months.

Afternoon of chilling out in the sun, so all in all a good day :D
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • tlw1
    arran77 wrote:
    Evening gimps.

It was all for a good cause though, I was raising money for the Breast Care Appeal at our local hospital after they did so much to get Mrs 77 better over the last 6 months.

justgiving page?
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    matthew h wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Evening gimps.

justgiving page?

Bit slow in coming foward aren't I :D

Here we go if anyone is feeling generous :wink:

https://www.justgiving.com/arransteel/
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • matthew h wrote:

I did mine part time 2007 -2010, it was Friday, Saturday, Sunday once a month for 3 years so it was pretty intense. I was lucky that my employer believed they would be the fools if they let me do one, paid for it and then didn't give me the opportunity to use it and satisfy my ambitions and add value to the company. So they paid and I was lucky, I know.

I learned so much, not just academically, but about myself and how to reflect on my own behaviour and understand it, as well as the behaviour of others.

I would recommend an MBA to anyone who has an interest in business in general, but specifically to anyone interested in things like organisational culture and strategy.

You get to meet peers from many different industries, which I personally found very instructive when I was applying what I had learned to my own organisation. You also learn how to argue, persuade and communicate with people you might not have previously, in situations where you are no longer the expert, your peers on the course are at least your equal and it is very hard to adapt to. I found this helped me as I moved through the ranks post MBA.

As I said, I would definitely recommend an MBA, but be prepared to work for it, it's not a cake walk.

Matt
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,320
    matthew h wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

remember to factor in the slow speed of your stannah stairlift
    Roller coaster mode got me down there in good time, weeeeee!
    Managed to avoid DIY today, gave the green bike a bit of attention, it needed it, so all is now working as it should without sqeaks and rattles. Went for a couple of pints to celebrate.
  • tlw1
    MattHam wrote:
    As I said, I would definitely recommend an MBA, but be prepared to work for it, it's not a cake walk.

exactly, but actually perversely enjoyable (on reflection)
  • matthew h wrote:
    MattHam wrote:

exactly, but actually perversely enjoyable (on reflection)
    It's been a while since I was in education (almost 10 years!) but am definitely thinking about it. My boss gave me the idea at my appraisal. Work has the ability to help fund it, but they might not see it as benefitting my role (and infringing on others - which is kind of helping to motivate me ;) )

Cheers for the information lads
    Blender Cube AMS Pro