Funky Trousers Friday

simonhead
simonhead Posts: 1,399
edited September 2014 in The bottom bracket
All people want to talk about in the office today is the golf. I dont really get it. Knocking of at 4 ish to have a beer or 12.

Woken up at 4 this morning by a cat, temperature has dropped so it wanted to climb into bed with us.
Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.

Comments

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Ryder Cup? A waste of 3 days telly.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Morning.

Knocking off at 4 sounds like a plan, think I may join you :D

Nothing much occurring today so I might take a wander over to one of the other offices on the business park here as they're having a Macmillan coffee morning, cake and a good cause equals win 8)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,367
    In the last 12 months both of our cats have died, I can't say I miss them. I should add that I didn't kill them, the EPO is talking about getting more cats. I told her I'd put up with them for 18 years so we should now have 18 years without.
    I too don't get golf. I was in the tea room yesterday and it was on the telly, the commentator said that someone shouldn't have gone for that green. I thought snooker had different coloured balls.
    Very glad it's Friday as I'm knackered. Unfortunately I doubt I will get much rest, although I might sneak a ride and a pint at some point.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,736
    I use our local golf course as a running track and for a bit of XC cycling. That's all it's good for. Luckily it's municipal so nobody cares but they'd never catch me anyway :)

Working from home today (honest), have lots of calls with foreigners and lawyers to keep me busy in the meantime.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Waiting patiently for what may end up being some incredibly tight shorts to be delivered.

Ordering stuff for a decking build at my other mansion and working through structural member calculations. Joy.

But, I'll raise your 4pm finish with a 2pm finish! (ps I dont play cards so that may not make sense)
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I use our local golf course as a running track and for a bit of XC cycling. That's all it's good for. Luckily it's municipal so nobody cares but they'd never catch me anyway :)
    Used to use the golf course on Wimbledon Common, well most of Wimbledon Common, for XC cycling. Once got caught driving a Suzuki Jeep along the golf course. Lots of shouty men in stupid trousers and Pringle sweaters waving their bats at us.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,888
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Used to use the golf course on Wimbledon Common, well most of Wimbledon Common, for XC cycling. Once got caught driving a Suzuki Jeep along the golf course. Lots of shouty men in stupid trousers and Pringle sweaters waving their bats at us.

:)

There used to be an old golf course near me when I was at uni - it was great for jumping!

Today is work meh with the relief of the pub later
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Ryder Cup? A waste of 3 days telly.

Wrong. An excellent 3 days of telly.

Done my paperwork for the week. Contemplating a couple hours on bike this avo, but looks like the heavens are about to open down here.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • arran77
    matthew h wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

There used to be an old golf course near me when I was at uni - it was great for jumping!

Very considerate of them to put those nice soft sandy landing spots after the jumps as well :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • tlw1
    arran77 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Very considerate of them to put those nice soft sandy landing spots after the jumps as well :lol:

Remember I'm a cycling God and just cleared them, unlike my mate who tried to bail whilst wearing toe clips - the bike hit first and whipped him headfirst into the sand! Knocked him out cold :)
  • arran77
    matthew h wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Remember I'm a cycling God and just cleared them, unlike my mate who tried to bail whilst wearing toe clips - the bike hit first and whipped him headfirst into the sand! Knocked him out cold :)

:lol:

Of course :wink:

I should have said in my post that it's very good of them to put the sand there for people who are not riding God's like me as well :lol:

seanoconn
  • veronese68
    arran77 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

:lol:

Of course :wink:

I should have said in my post that it's very good of them to put the sand there for people who are not riding God's like me as well :lol:
    Like me? :oops: Long downhill fairway, flat green followed by a large bunker. Fast run down the hill, hit the green ready for the jump then realised the trees immediately after it didn't look very soft and bouncy. Grabbed the brakes and locked up, me and the bike went down and slid across the green, didn't quite make it to the soft landing area. Green keeper would have been a bit miffed at that, several long deep gouges in the once pristine turf.
  • VmanF3
    VmanF3 Posts: 240
    I realise you maybe joking, but that's a bit of a sh1te thing to do...plenty of people love golf (not me), but to wreck their playing area is pretty retarded and quite frankly not on. Especially doing it on a municipal course, where it's just regular folk who maybe can't afford high fees of a club.

Consider yourself told off! :roll:
    Big Red, Blue, Pete, Bill & Doug
  • veronese68
    VmanF3 wrote:
    I would probably tell myself off if I saw it now, but considering I was probably 11 or 12 years old riding a Raleigh Shopper or something it's hardly the most heinous crime. I probably would have just been given a clip round the ear and sent on my way.
    Doing that there as an adult on a bouncy MTB would be a bit odd. The jump wouldn't be that impressive.
    Actually I think it was a Stowaway with a hinge in the middle. Good job I bailed.
  • VmanF3
    VmanF3 Posts: 240
    Veronese68 wrote:
    VmanF3 wrote:
    I would probably tell myself off if I saw it now, but considering I was probably 11 or 12 years old riding a Raleigh Shopper or something it's hardly the most heinous crime. I probably would have just been given a clip round the ear and sent on my way.
    Doing that there as an adult on a bouncy MTB would be a bit odd. The jump wouldn't be that impressive.
    Actually I think it was a Stowaway with a hinge in the middle. Good job I bailed.

Another telling off for riding a Raleigh Shopper! Good grief, is there no end to your tales of woe! :shock:
    Big Red, Blue, Pete, Bill & Doug
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,461
    That front wheel on the chopper was just far too small.

Evenin' noork supports.

Had to find bits for 2 Piusi pumps. Home page gave me a number in Italy, humph. Managed to get hold of a bloke called 'Tony' in a company in Chesterfield who new his stuff. Those eye ties get everywhere. Mind you, they do breed like rabbits :wink:

'Part from that, weather is good and bike the morrow to make up for a bike free week now the b4stard week from hell is over.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    That front wheel on the chopper was just far too small.
    Shopper*, not chopper, so both wheels were too small. I was a kid, I'd ride whatever bike I was given. Got a 5 speed Peugeot racer when I was 13 though, followed by a 10 speed Falcon.

* actually a Stowaway, so worse as it had a hinge in the middle.
  • pinno
    10 speed Falcon!? You posh b4stard.

I had a 10 speed Raleigh Pursuit. Decided to tighten the spokes once ahead of a bike race against a kid at school. I thought they felt a little loose. Suffice to say, they weren't straight and missed the challenge. Got so much sh1t about it and thought i'd show them by joining the local bike club and that's been me for the past 27 years and ££££'s spent on shiny bits. No regrets.
  • arran77
    Veronese68 wrote:
    VmanF3 wrote:
    I would probably tell myself off if I saw it now, but considering I was probably 11 or 12 years old riding a Raleigh Shopper or something it's hardly the most heinous crime.

Liar, I bet it was Wednesday night with your boy on the way back from beer and curry :P

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    arran77 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    VmanF3 wrote:
    I would probably tell myself off if I saw it now, but considering I was probably 11 or 12 years old riding a Raleigh Shopper or something it's hardly the most heinous crime.

Liar, I bet it was Wednesday night with your boy on the way back from beer and curry :P
    If we're talking emotional age - we're into 'Minority Report' territory here :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    VmanF3 wrote:

I think ridding a Raleigh Shopper is a heinous crime
  • pinno
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    VmanF3 wrote:

Can't be worse than a fixie, surely.
  • tlw1
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    VmanF3 wrote:

how dare you insult the fixie
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:

Yeah Pinno - don't kick a bike when it's down. How would you like it if you got ridden by a tw@t every day and then someone came along and insulted you.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Yeah Pinno - don't kick a bike when it's down. How would you like it if you got ridden by a tw@t every day and then someone came along and insulted you.

Don't worry, their knees go eventually. No dogging for them in retirement.
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Don't worry, their knees go eventually. No dogging for them in retirement.

you underestimate the phenomenal power of my legs which ensures I don't muck up my knees