Jaqwire Cables

PhilDafOrce
PhilDafOrce Posts: 22
edited September 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hi there,

My polish friend at work has asked me to price up some Jagwire cabling for his oldish SantaCruz HT frame. He has just brought the frame back from Poland and has had it blasted and re-sprayed. So is wanting some bling cabling.

The problem is he has told me what he wants but I have no idea if we are buying the right things

Approx lengths:

Hyd Brakes F 0.98m B 1.35m

Gearing approx 1.5m in length - looking at what he has wrote down it would be 4 lengths which are cut as the cable would be showing under the frame.

Have we got everything covered from the list below:

£23.87 Hyd cable http://tinyurl.com/ppwozhd and a fitting kit (i believe XT spec) £15.17 http://tinyurl.com/knfu8vr

For the gearing could I simply used the remainder of the braided hyd cable and just buy the cable to run through? or is the hose completely different?

Any help would be appreciated, and no i won't be fitting the cables lol

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    You can't use hydraulic hose (often called cable by far east ebay sellers, if they claim they are in the UK, look at the delivery dates!) for cables, it's useless. The first link is to external cable, not hose for hydraulic brakes.

Hydraulic hose for the brakes will be in one length per brake, no cuts.

Without meaning to be rude, with your level of knowledge you shouldn't be ordering this stuff, if it all goes wrong 9as seems likley) you'll be carrying the can!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Rookie, no offence taken and I think your last paragraph has answered my question. :)
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Jagwire will be fine for gear cable outers, but if he wants bling brake cables and has hydro brakes then Goodridge are the ones to look at.

I'd call CRC and let them know what you're trying to do, they're very helpful and should point you in the right direction.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    both superstar and uberbike do coloured hoses and cable outers. recently got a black gear cable from uberbike. looks exactly like jagwire stuff