Scared of spiders?

Stevo_666
Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
edited October 2014 in The cake stop
Quite a neat practical joke :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoB8t0B4jx4

Warning: contains graphic 'zombie' type imagery and body parts. And big spiders if you scroll further down.
"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Comments

• I love that video. I came across a fairly decent sized remote control spider in a store the other day. I was strangely tempted to buy it and scare my wife regularly, however, I doubt it would end well for me.

Irrational fears are awesome to play upon though!
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I got a remote controlled one, is great! But it is the real ones that are getting scary this year, caught this one a few days ago:

s-2_zpsa551c5bb.jpg

s-1_zpscc3901b1.jpg
  • That video is absolutely horrible - not really something you should be linking from a cycling forum.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • supersonic
    I'll add a warning to the original post. This video has gone 'viral' and has been posted many times to social media, though may offend some.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    That video is absolutely horrible - not really something you should be linking from a cycling forum.

What else do you expect from Stevo :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    One of my other hobbies is fishing, and I come across a lot of spiders while yomping along the river bank or sitting under the trees. I would certainly pass on the chance to eat one, but other than that they don't bother me in the slightest.
    See one in the house however and a unexplainable metamorphosis occurs. An overwhelming sense of revulsion comes out of nowhere and I have to squash 'em like a big jessie!? Sorry spiders. :oops:
    There have been some really big 'uns about this year though!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,415
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Quite a neat practical joke :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoB8t0B4jx4

Warning: contains graphic 'zombie' type imagery and body parts. And big spiders if you scroll further down.
    That's brilliant! :lol: I guess they edited out the ones where people had heart attacks.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,415
    supersonic wrote:
    I got a remote controlled one, is great! But it is the real ones that are getting scary this year, caught this one a few days ago:

s-2_zpsa551c5bb.jpg

s-1_zpscc3901b1.jpg
    Impressive :D I've caught some whoppers lately, I'll have to take a picture next time.
    Pituophis wrote:
    One of my other hobbies is fishing, and I come across a lot of spiders while yomping along the river bank or sitting under the trees. I would certainly pass on the chance to eat one, but other than that they don't bother me in the slightest.
    See one in the house however and a unexplainable metamorphosis occurs. An overwhelming sense of revulsion comes out of nowhere and I have to squash 'em like a big jessie!? Sorry spiders. :oops:
    There have been some really big 'uns about this year though!
    Nooooo, spiders are our friends :(
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Aparently we have these buggers down here in the sunny south.

Green Fang Spider
    article-1317645-0B784413000005DC-798_634x386.jpg

False Widow
    false-widow-spider_124608_2.jpg
    Got loads of these in my garden. Never thought anything of them. But they can give a nasty bite aparently.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • supersonic
    The green fang jobbie is a tube web spider, or segestria florentina (yep, sad I know!). And they do indeed give good bite! The one at the bottom is a false widow I think.
  • Stevo_666
    That video is absolutely horrible - not really something you should be linking from a cycling forum.
    Err - it's a small dog with some hair and false spiders legs stuck to it so it looks a bit like a very big spider. I showed it to my 13 year old daughter as a test before posting and she thought it was 'ace'.

Thanks for adding the warning SS, you never know how sensitive some people might be :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Scary.... :wink:

y:YoB8t0B4jx4.480x360.jpg
  • That is not something I'd play to a 13 year old - there's something wrong with you.
  • I'm sorry to have to say this but you sir, are a ******.*

* scary word removed just in case softy up there gets all defensive.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    That is not something I'd play to a 13 year old - there's something wrong with you.
    Did you click the wrong link? Most 13 year olds have seen significantly worse than that on Horrible Histories.
  • qube
    qube Posts: 1,899
    Or Deadly 60.

One of the best BBC programmes.

:D
  • My lad sees worse on River Monsters.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Well last time I watched Horrible Histories - admittedly a few years as my kids are past that now- there were no dismembered body parts hanging from trees - maybe it has changed.

I must have missed that episode of Deadly 60 too.
  • supersonic
    Anyway... I put a warning up just in case!

Back to the spiders ;-)
  • WTF? Its a plastic leg...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Really ? I thought it was real ffs
  • Akirasho
    Akirasho Posts: 1,892
    I am a huge fan of deep sea spiders...

january-1.jpg

... and butter.

king-crab-legs.jpg
  • supersonic
    Crabs. I hate it when I get crabs.
  • Stevo_666
    Well last time I watched Horrible Histories - admittedly a few years as my kids are past that now- there were no dismembered body parts hanging from trees - maybe it has changed.

Is this OK for you?

Little_Miss_Muffets.jpg
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Well last time I watched Horrible Histories - admittedly a few years as my kids are past that now- there were no dismembered body parts hanging from trees - maybe it has changed.

Is this OK for you?

Little_Miss_Muffets.jpg

no, its scared the crap out of me, but then again my kids are under 10
  • arran77
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Is this OK for you?

Little_Miss_Muffets.jpg

no, its scared the crap out of me, but then again my kids are under 10

Go on, report him for it :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo 666 wrote:

Is this OK for you?

Little_Miss_Muffets.jpg

Given the pics of women you normally post I hate to think what you were searching for when you found that.
  • Stevo_666

Given the pics of women you normally post I hate to think what you were searching for when you found that.
    If you're feeling really brave, do a google image search on 'Little Miss Muffet'. It's fine as long as you spell the last bit right :wink:
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:

If you're feeling really brave, do a google image search on 'Little Miss Muffet'. It's fine as long as you spell the last bit right :wink:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Little%20Miss%20Muffet :lol:

seanoconn
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Are you for real mate? Or are you just saying this for a reaction? Your own reaction is hilarious ..... that video is so funny, thanks OP.