Cannondale Supersix Evo Di2 2015

ro63rt
ro63rt Posts: 59
edited September 2014 in Road buying advice
Just started looking around for a second road bike, looking to spend in the region on £3000-£3500. Currently over summer I've been doing approx 220miles a week on my Allez. However as I work shifts should be able to still keep that mileage up over the winter. This includes at least one 80-100miler with approx 6000ft or more of climbing. The joy of living in the Lakes eh?

I'm fancying this years Cannondale Supersix Evo Di2. It has Fulcrum Racing 5 wheels on, it's £3099 but I can get it for cash £2700 at my LBS. Any recommendations, Alternatives etc. Is it as good as the reviews say. I prefer the racier position. Also is the hi-mod frame worth considering with cabled Dura-ace for £3500 or the cabled Ultegra for £2000. 10% off these prices for cash again.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Really need to take em for a ride. Ultegra will be more than up to the job but this years dura ace feels really special. Im goong to go from dura ace di2 back to dura ace new mechanical on the next bike. It feels terrific. As for the evo ive no experience of them as cannondales dont do it for me but i think with just about any bike you still need to ride it first just to get a feel and then do what 90% do and buy the one you think looks the best and has the nicest paint job.
  • letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    Really need to take em for a ride. Ultegra will be more than up to the job but this years dura ace feels really special. Im goong to go from dura ace di2 back to dura ace new mechanical on the next bike. It feels terrific. As for the evo ive no experience of them as cannondales dont do it for me but i think with just about any bike you still need to ride it first just to get a feel and then do what 90% do and buy the one you think looks the best and has the nicest paint job.

+1 The evo geometry doesn't suit everyone, excellent bike nonetheless. Have you consider the Specialized Tarmac -you know the geometry suits you and with reductions you can get a Di2 equivalent to the evo Di2 at about the same price on the net.
  • Seem like pretty cheap wheels on a pretty expensive bike. Fulcrum 5's are perfectly good wheels... but you can get them for about 150 quid at the moment a pair. On a bike costing 3 grand in your money I'd want something a lot better than those.

A 5 second search at Wiggle turns up this:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/de-rosa-888-sup ... cord-2014/

OK, a small size one-off, but that's in your budget ballpark, has Super Record and Racing Zeros...

There's bound to be loads of other bargains about at this end of the season too. The 'Dale is a nice bike for sure, but there's plenty of options in the sales.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    ro63rt wrote:
    Just started looking around for a second road bike, looking to spend in the region on £3000-£3500. Currently over summer I've been doing approx 220miles a week on my Allez. However as I work shifts should be able to still keep that mileage up over the winter. This includes at least one 80-100miler with approx 6000ft or more of climbing. The joy of living in the Lakes eh?

I'm fancying this years Cannondale Supersix Evo Di2. It has Fulcrum Racing 5 wheels on, it's £3099 but I can get it for cash £2700 at my LBS. Any recommendations, Alternatives etc. Is it as good as the reviews say. I prefer the racier position. Also is the hi-mod frame worth considering with cabled Dura-ace for £3500 or the cabled Ultegra for £2000. 10% off these prices for cash again.

Thanks in advance.

I have a few mates with this frame and they like it lots. With Di2 it would be a great bike and you could use your discount to upgrade the wheels. Your LBS may do you a deal on some Fulcrum 3 or Ksyriums, as I do agree that Fulcrum 5 at £135 a pair are way below the rest of the spec.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro