Sella Italia flite flow saddle query?

davoj
davoj Posts: 190
edited September 2014 in Workshop
Hi,

I am just trying a Sella Italia flite flow saddle, it's has the titanium rails.

Anyhow my query is that it has "stop sign" markings on the rails and I was wondering can you clamp over where the stop sign marking is as I don't have enough space with my seatpost.

The stop sign looks like this |stop>|

I am wondering is it ok to clamp on the stop sign as long as you don't go over??

Any body else have this saddle that could help me .

Thanks

Comments

• dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    It's been my observation that many people don't pay any attention to the "stop" thing. Best case scenario is to have seatpost that allows you to have the saddle between the "stops" and have it in the right fore and aft position for you. This could involve a large, medium, or zero setback post. I've seen people run the saddle all the way forward and all the way back. They don't seem to be bothered by it. Although if you run your saddle all the way back in the clamps you run the risk of having the inside legs of your shorts rub the clamp. And that's NOT good for the shorts. Add to all this the idea that having your saddle clamped near the middle of the rails will be the best for eliminating any front to back rocking or flex.
  • davoj
    davoj Posts: 190
    dennisn wrote:
    It's been my observation that many people don't pay any attention to the "stop" thing. Best case scenario is to have seatpost that allows you to have the saddle between the "stops" and have it in the right fore and aft position for you. This could involve a large, medium, or zero setback post. I've seen people run the saddle all the way forward and all the way back. They don't seem to be bothered by it. Although if you run your saddle all the way back in the clamps you run the risk of having the inside legs of your shorts rub the clamp. And that's NOT good for the shorts. Add to all this the idea that having your saddle clamped near the middle of the rails will be the best for eliminating any front to back rocking or flex.

That helps and appreciate the reply.

cheers.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    davoj wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

That helps and appreciate the reply.

cheers.

Not sure how it helps. :? So many things to consider. Seat tube angles, seatpost setback, size of frame, best and most comfortable position for you. All kinds of considerations about where to have that saddle in the fore and aft positions.