Chain catchers.

2»

Comments

• +1 on the Token ones being crap. I had the chain get inside it, and when I was getting the chain back out, the ruddy thing snapped at the slot.

The Rotor catcher I have on another bike is much better, but £20 :x
  • mugensi
    mugensi Posts: 559
    I had a Krex chain catcher on my F5 and on a 60km charity cycle the chain came off the small ring, managed to bend the chain catcher back and actually got caught in the bottom of the chain catcher somehow, bend the catcher and wedging the chain tight. I stupidly had no multi tool with me nor had any of the 30 or 40 cyclists that passed me that i asked. I was stuck there waiting around 5 minutes for all the 'slightly slower riders' to pass and for the broom wagon to arrive and got an allen key of them, removed the FD and the chain cathcer, threw the catcher as far as i could into the field, refitted the FD and spent the next 30km on my own and severely pissed off. When I got home I noticed that the chain had completely chewed the little frame protection plate behind the chainset but at least the frame wasnt damaged. I'll do without one from now on, its easier to slip the chain back on if it does come off than to have to start removing parts on the side of the road.