Winter tyres

gussyboy81
gussyboy81 Posts: 25
edited October 2014 in Workshop
My Schwalbe One tyres have now finally seen the end of their careers, having served me extremely well this summer. With winter on the approach, thought it best to invest in some good winter tyres. I've also used Schwalbe and don't intend in swapping to anything else. But I'm looking for a suggestion of a great winter tyre, someone for the commuting and for long weekend spin with the lads. Last year i ran on Schwalbe Durano, had no issues apart from a few punchers here and there. I see Schwalbe have announced their new 2015 tyres, I take it they won't be out to purchase any time soon though?

Suggestions?

Comments

• conti 4 season, conti gator skins, conti gator skin harshell if you really don't want to puncture, vittoria Pave if you want a good ride but will to risk the punctures or if you want the most puncture resistant tyre there is Schwable marathon plus - terrible ride quality and grip though compared to the Pave's.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • I've used conti ultras for years in winter with no problems and you can pick them up for next to nowt