Bike Tart Alert! - What colour for my new frame?

ctc
ctc Posts: 232
edited September 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi All,

I've been advised it's nearly time for my frame and forks to be built. Can't wait...

It's going to be a road bike, disk brakes with clearance for 28s and mudguards.

Finishing kit is Ritchey WCS wet black, Brooks Cambium slate and Ultegra Group with TRP Spyre brakes. Black Cinelli tape, and Jagwire Link Elite cables (mainly for the compression less outers)

Wheels haven't been built yet as undecided about through axle, but will be Archetypes with probably an XTR hub (both black, but silver spokes)

Mudguards are a problem. I'll probably want black, but there's a bit of a lack of nice mudguards...

But, I can't decide what colour. At the moment I'm thinking some sort of blue, along with two bands, one on down tube and one on seat tube. probably cream. For the Blue I'm thinking some sort of sea blue (a bit green) or light blue. However, I could go for a red (have to be a classic red, or green (light). I am a tart so I want it to look good.

I've tried looking fr a website where you could try out some colours, sort of like certain car sites, but couldn't find one.

So - what do you reckon? anyone got any pictures of good colour schemes?

Comments

• arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    I know it's not exactly like those car websites but Colour-Tech have a Gallery section that gives you examples of frames they have produced.

http://www.colour-tech.co.uk/gallery/

Just click on one of the small images and scroll through.

At last it gives you half an idea how certain colours will look when sprayed/powder coated onto a frame
  • arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    Ah-ha!!!!!!!!!!!!

Found the perfect site for you:-

http://www.cyfac-custom.com/

Just click on the style choice and select what takes your fancy. Then you can play to your heart's content with main colours, secondary colours, accent colours, logo colours etc. Or choose a simpler style with only one main colour and a logo colour.

Hours of fun to satisfy your bike tart gremlins. Enjoy
  • ctc
    ctc Posts: 232
    Ta!

Liking the Dark Jade or Reef Green in gloss...
  • tazmon
    tazmon Posts: 107
    Will be watching with interest as I'm thinking of a similar build.

Which frame builder have you gone with? The more detail you can share the better :-) pm if you prefer.

Cheers
    Road - Scott Solace
    Mountain - Santa Cruz Tazmon (retro) and Scott Spark