Campag Zonda vs Eurus

goldeneye243
goldeneye243 Posts: 19
edited September 2014 in Road buying advice
Just looking for some opinions...

I have decided I want to try some Campag wheels and struggling to choose between the Zonda and the Eurus.

I can get the Zonda clincher for £264 or the 2 way fit Eurus for £468

Is the Eurus really worth £200 more than the Zonda?

Comments

• arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    Why not go for the 2-way fit Zondas. £376 at Wiggle if you need the Shimano freehub

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/campagnolo-zond ... tAodyiIA2A

but only £360 at Ribble if you need Campag only.

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-t ... tAod1xMAhw

I got the cheaper Zondas a couple of months back and they are fantastic wheels. Just a bit annoyed that I didn't save a bit more to get the 2-way fit version so that I could explore going tubeless
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    I haven't tried the Eurus but love my Zondas. Great wheels.
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • The difference in price between the 2 way Zonda and clincher only puts me off a bit. I would probably get the Eurus instead...

Currently thinking I might go for the Zondas leaving some cash for some more bits. Or maybe hold off for some sale items over the winter...
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    Is it worth getting the two way fit, if riding just for fitness and only plan on using clinchers ?

I have nightmares about being in the middle of nowhere on tubular tyres and having a puncture.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • I know what you mean but they are tubeless rather than tubular - With tubeless, you can add a tube in for emergencies if the sealant fails. The main problem for me is the lack of choice in tubeless tyres - but I am hoping it might change in the future!
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    There is no point paying the extra £100 or so for the 2-way fit versions, as you can convert the standard versions using a Stans Notubes kit which costs a hell of a lot less.
  • Just ordered the Eurus (wine helped loosen the purse strings).

The Zondas made more sense but I couldn't help myself...
  • the eurus have aluminium spokes dont they?

if so expect a harsh ride!
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • Expected. But should be eased if I go to tubeless :)
  • I went out for my first ride at the weekend and they did not feel too harsh to me compared to my previous Ultegra wheels.