New Road Bike - Slightly Bent Frame

arbitrary42
arbitrary42 Posts: 3
edited September 2014 in Road beginners
Hi,

I've got recently my first road bike (Felt Z85) delivered from an online shop and while assembling it I have discovered that the bike was slightly damaged during the delivery. :( It appears that the left slot for the rear wheel is slightly bent in the front direction (a couple of millimeters, see the image). Because of this I cannot put on the rear wheel. :(

Here is my question: how complex will it be to fix the problem? The frame is made from aluminum. Provided I'll manage to bend it back (e.g., in a bike shop), can this problem affect the safety in the future?

Of course I will also contact the shop regarding this, but their customer service is somewhat slow, and I also want an independent opinion on this.

Many thanks for your answers!

Comments

• Demand a replacement. No two ways about it
  • gozzy
    gozzy Posts: 640
    Call them up and get it replaced.
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,217
    whoever packed your bike up for delivery should have put a packing spacer between the frame and fork dropouts to stop them from being crushed/damaged in transit. I'd reject the bike and ask for a replacement or your money back.
  • Consumer Law - Mail order - You have the right to send it back and get a full refund or replacement whichever YOU want.
  • Thanks guys for replies! Indeed it shall be better to get the bike replaced.
  • Interesting.

I've just had a couple of issues with a Felt F85 bought online. To be fair the first problem has been dealt with only found the 2nd issue when I took the bike out.
  • NameTaken wrote:
    Interesting.

I've just had a couple of issues with a Felt F85 bought online. To be fair the first problem has been dealt with only found the 2nd issue when I took the bike out.

Thats when he noticed he was riding a Felt :lol:

Only kidding. They are pretty good bikes.