Contador ducks the Tour

2»

Comments

• RichN95 wrote:
    Froome needs to do a WWE shoutout/throwdown/challenge (I don't know the word, I don't watch it)..

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tinkoff ... our-rivals

bettiniphoto_0188740_1_full_670.jpg

Ted+DiBiase-wrestling.jpg
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    What a waste.

MTFU Contador.

Give us the 3 way Tour winner battle in July. I DEMAND TO BE ENTERTAINED.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    RichN95 wrote:
    Froome needs to do a WWE shoutout/throwdown/challenge (I don't know the word, I don't watch it)..

Not really the same thing. Two GTs would suit Contador better, which probably why Tinkoff is suggesting it.

The Giro is a race for B teams these days. The Tour is 80% of cycling in terms of global coverage and the 'greatest stage racer of his generation' hasn't won it for five editions now - a longer drought than any multi time Tour winner. LeMond only went three years without winning and he got shot.

I can see Froome doing Tour-Vuelta though.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • frisbee
    frisbee Posts: 691
    I know, he's been hideously burned after riding into a volcano and doesn't think he'll have any chance of recovering in time for the tour.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    Maybe he did too much on the flat but when it came to crunch time he was lacking. He would have stayed at Tinkoff if Alberto wanted him.

610x-132.jpg

Why have you put up a picture of Nocentini?
  • RichN95 wrote:
    Two GTs would suit Contador better

How so?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95 wrote:
    Two GTs would suit Contador better

How so?
    Better recovery from doing a Grand Tour + gets to near peak level quicker after a break (as shown by the Vuelta). Also he's at a stage in his career where he can more afford to make a mess of it.
  • Why have you put up a picture of Nocentini?

Roche is to his right.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Is Nocentini the worst ever rider to wear the yellow jersey for a week or so?
    left the forum March 2023
  • Is Nocentini the worst ever rider to wear the yellow jersey for a week or so?

Surely Pereiro has that honour.
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • Pereiro is surely the most mediocre TdF winner... it's undisputed... no other gets anywhere near him
    left the forum March 2023
  • Why have you put up a picture of Nocentini?

Roche is to his right.

there is no one to his right
  • Spooky because I can clearly see Nicholas Roche to his right !
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Spooky because I can clearly see Nicholas Roche to his right !

He is clearly behin him. Look at the wheels...
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    RichN95 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Not really the same thing. Two GTs would suit Contador better, which probably why Tinkoff is suggesting it.

The Giro is a race for B teams these days. The Tour is 80% of cycling in terms of global coverage and the 'greatest stage racer of his generation' hasn't won it for five editions now - a longer drought than any multi time Tour winner. LeMond only went three years without winning and he got shot.

I can see Froome doing Tour-Vuelta though.

how-about-1.jpg

Oleg Tinkov ‏@olegtinkov · 12m12 minutes ago
    Tinkov offers a €1 million to Contador and his Grand Tour rivals |
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Pereiro is surely the most mediocre TdF winner... it's undisputed... no other gets anywhere near him
    Walkowiak
  • RichN95.
    FJS wrote:
    Pereiro is surely the most mediocre TdF winner... it's undisputed... no other gets anywhere near him
    Walkowiak
    Lucien Aimar is pretty non-descript too.