The Official "UK Still Together" Friday Thread™...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited September 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers - Today that's any Scottish 'Yes' voters!

Just turned the news on and to see the results from Fife which confirmed the 'No' vote won (wooo). My boss is Scottish, so I'm going to tread carefully around her today.

Lots to do, mainly soldering and building macs. Bit of overtime is being taken, which will help with covering the cost of the car!

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    So the vote didn't work, does that mean that they will fight for independence now?

Today is work meh followed by pub yeah - up early though as I've got stupid MBA stuck in my head :(
  • qube
    qube Posts: 1,899
    I'm still a bit hammered... how did I get to work today and why did I come home with both shoes on, but only one sock?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Morning mongs,
    I blame the Scots for it being grey and drizzly today.
    I think I've caught a cold off the Mrs, not happy as its L2B off road tomorrow. 80 miles with a head full of cold won't be fun.
    I shall fortify myself with tea and shortbread in honour of the Scots.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    Morning Cruddites,

Working from home today so I can get the car through its MOT, so I predict a relaxed day :) I see we still have a whinging northern province that we have to fund, but at least whisky prices won't be going up any time soon.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    An outbrteak of common sense in Scotland, who'd have thought it!

Glasgow voted yes and from what I have seen that would be a plus for the whole of the UK to let them go, massive reduction in NHS and benefit costs!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    can us English have a Vote to see it we want to get rid of the Scots?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • So it's now going to cost the British more - to cover all the Tory promises, bring back Braveheart
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Wallace
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    It's September. I have kids and work in schools. The kids have brought their germs back and I feel crap. Had very little sleep most of the week and the bottle of water I brought in today is bent.

Today I intend to do just enough web browsing to pass the time at a reasonable rate.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • Bored out of my skull at work. Very quiet in hotel so the paperwork side of work is down to minutes. Can I just go home and leave a smoking monkey behind the desk?
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    Qube wrote:
    I'm still a bit hammered... how did I get to work today and why did I come home with both shoes on, but only one sock?

Cock in a sock?
  • Thanks to Scotland and its voters todays purchase of euro's was bumped up enough to pay for an extra meal.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Hola twunts,

worked stacked for the day, just waiting on the bottom feeder finishing work and it'll be PT to the smoke to look at stuff, drink beer and eat foods.

Does the scotch thing mean they were so afraid of losing their cheap supply of buckie that they are feigning love for the union?

toodles
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    Afternoon,

Early start this morning, but managed to get away from work before 11, got home just in time to meet the courier delivering my new iPhone. Had planned a bit of fiddling with the hoodoo I bought earlier in the week but it's raining so will be watching the F1 practice instead.