Canyon Ultimate AL views

iron-clover
iron-clover Posts: 737
edited September 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi All,
I'm looking to buy a new bike (my first 'nice' bike) to take over racing duties from my Trek 1.1, and have previously been looking towards the BMC SLR02 and Cervelo S2.

Although these two bikes do look like very nice bikes (and I still may go for one in the future) they have fairly expensive frames and I would hate to crash one in a race.

However, the Ultimate AL SLX seems to tick most of my boxes- being about a kilo lighter than the others I'm looking at (a bonus as I like climbing), has the finishing kit (gruppo, wheels etc) that I'd only be upgrading over time on the others, it seems to be stiff enough and also not too unforgiving at the same time. It also has the bonus of being able to replace the frame relatively cheaply if I do somehow wreck it.

Basically, does anyone have any experience with the Ultimate AL compared with other bikes? I know BikeRadar rates it highly but I'd like to hear from 'real riders'.

Cheers

Comments

• It's a very good frame, with not to aggressive geometry unlike the caad10

It will be more than capable for racing

The new graphics leave a lot to be desired though
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • nibby
    nibby Posts: 246
    I'm looking at the same, to replace my current one do it all bike which is a ribble winter bike. I've read very good things about them and seems a good price.

I agree about the graphics, does anyone know if you can ask canyon to leave the graphics off completely? would like to go fully stealth if that was an option?
  • Also check out the ROSE Xeon RS - They currently have a sale on and the spec for price is out of this world. Also a very good aluminium frame, better graphics, lighter build and smooth weld options.

This little stunner is currently £1396 - Sram Force, 6.7KG in 57cm :shock:
    1951516_1.yuhn9gqzq8.jpg
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    ^^ This^^ really is a stunning buy. Shame I don't need a new bike!