Legend vs De Rosa vs Viner

galloschramme
galloschramme Posts: 4
edited September 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi,

I am looking for a new medium-level carbon road bike.
I had the chance to do some test rides on rented Viner bikes (Perfecta, Gladium) and they were fantastic. I contacted Viner for their current lineup, but I am still awaiting an answer. I know that Marco builds frames for Viner and Legend. Also, a local bike dealer sells De Rosa and has great expertise on this brand. This explains my choice of brands.

I am now looking into buying a new road bike and i am looking for a similar quality as the Viners. My questions are:
- which brand do you recommend? (Viner, Legend, De Rosa)
- which frame model would you recommend: I want to use it for training and intensive touring (3-4 days a week, ± 250 km / week, not for competition)

I was looking into a Legend 7.5, or a De Rosa Idol or Superking. If the finished bikes turn out to cost more than ± € 3500, I will look at a Legend 4.7 or 5.7 or a De Rosa Planet. Are these models still within my range of expected quality?

My questions is specifically about the frames, other parts are not to be considered yet!

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    De Rosa Idol in 'Red Devil' looks stunning as does does the 'Neon Blue' Planet, I'm not a fan of the kinked frame on the Superking myself but I'm sure it rides very well. I love my 838 and would by another De Rosa without hesitation.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • You're not going to go far wrong with any of them, but Legend frames are beautiful.

Not considered looking into some German tech - Storck?