CX Routes in SE Cornwall / Plymouth

einriba
einriba Posts: 319
edited October 2014 in Cyclocross
Hi all,

Just getting in to cross and loving it! Sold my mtb to purchase my first cross bike and loving it, wish I had done it years ago. Was gonna race in Wellington this weekend but kids back at school also means the return of bugs and illness....and I've got my first of the new school year

I'm just struggling to find places to ride.

I'm over the bridge, but Plymouth is easily accessible. I basically have made stuff up - school grounds, nature reserves, mtb trails, urban mtb'ing (stair sets and stuff) etc....but wondered if there's anything more suitable in this area?

I hear Central Park in Plymouth is good? Anything else out there?....
Getting up is the second hardest thing in the morning

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Mount Edgcumbe Park? There are lots of nice bridleways and trails around the Looe Valley too.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Plenty of trails on West Dartmoor. Try Princetown / Burrator. Good luck!
  • einriba
    einriba Posts: 319
    cool, thanks - i'll go check them out....Looe valley sounds interesting! My wife loves a good walk around there. Could be a good family compromise....
    Getting up is the second hardest thing in the morning
  • defycomp2
    defycomp2 Posts: 252
    Cardinham either direct or from Lanhydrock House near Bodmin.
    Summer - Giant Defy Composite 2 (Force 22) (retd)
    Cannondale Synapse Sram Red ETap
    Winter - Boardman CX Team (Rival X1 Hyd)
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Cardinham is OK for fire-road stuff, but I've had great fun linking-up bridleways, forest tracks and C-class roads along the Looe Valley - don't forget your climbing legs, it's steep in places. Head up the side of the West Looe river to Tremadart Woods, up to Herodsfoot and around - lots to explore.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..