Do you get cables included ina n Ultegra Groupset

bmxboy10
bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
edited September 2014 in Road buying advice
Do you get cables included? Seems a bit hit and miss when comparing online prices? Some say nothing about cables, others say cables includes and others say gear cables only :roll: Have emailed the retailers but no replies yet and I don't want to miss out on the current deals!

Comments

• Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    I'd say yes, sometimes when you buy shifters separately from a groupset you don't get them but you'll get them with a full groupset.
  • arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    I've bought 105 5700 shifters twice over the past year and each time they have come boxed with all the relevant cables (both gear and brake inners and outers) together with ferrules and cable end caps. So you don't need to buy the full groupset to get the required cables.

You may need to be a bit wary tho as some of the cheaper offers may only be OEM shifters and I think they only come in a plastic bag on their own with no cables attached.

I have bought from Merlin and Probikekit
  • I have bought two 11 speed ultegra group sets recently. Both included cables.
  • bmxboy10
    Do you mind saying where from?
  • I bought 6700 shifters from Wiggle recently. They included brake and gear inner and outer, cable end caps & cable stops. I think unless it states they are OEM or refurbished then they will include all you need.
  • solboy10 wrote:
    Do you mind saying where from?
    Merlin
  • Best to ask the supplier. As far as I understand there's no such thing as a 'groupset' really, only individual components some retailers put together as a package deal.
  • As above, the Ultegra shifters I bought from Wiggle earlier in the year came with cables and assorted bits n bobs.
  • The "official" Shimano kit come with cables but sometimes online sellers will offer components that are new but have been removed from a new bike due to the customer/owner wanting different components and various other reasons. Perfectly fine but should be noted in the ad. Not sure if a warranty would be valid in such cases.
  • bmxboy10
    CRC advised no inners our outers for brakes and no outers for gear making their price quite high whereas it initially seemed low with the current 10% discount. The devil is in the detail :evil:
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    solboy10 wrote:
    CRC advised no inners our outers for brakes and no outers for gear making their price quite high whereas it initially seemed low with the current 10% discount. The devil is in the detail :evil:

How expensive are the cables you're looking at? A full set of cables + housing shouldn't cost more than £15 should it?
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • bmxboy10
    Nearer £40 for Shimano
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    Merlin