Spacer/shim between crank arm and bb

bowdy1987
bowdy1987 Posts: 96
edited September 2014 in Workshop
Recently I've noticed about 2-3mm play in my cranks. Basically I can slide them thru the bb.. I tightened them up as tight as they will go but it's as if the spindle is too long,

It's a recent problem and I don't think there was a spacer there before unless it's snapped and come out but. Should there be either a spacer, and/or a spring washer. A spring washer alone is not thick enough

Thanks in advance,

ps. I don't know which type of bb it is. But it has a screw cover either side of the housing

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    And the cranks are? Or the fitting type?

Or as you don't know pictures then we can advise as the answer depends on what you have, the only good advice that can be given at the moment is take it to a bike shop and have them show you what you should do or what needs replacing.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • The cranks are pro lite vittorio. They have an 8mm Allen bolt thru the non drive side into the spindle. The bottom bracket is an English standard apparently.. Has screw cups either side