Christmas worries

finchy
finchy Posts: 6,686
edited September 2014 in The cake stop
It's mid-September, and I'm getting a bit worried about Christmas. So far, I haven't seen a single Christmas pudding, pack of mince pies or oven Christmas dinner for 1 in the shops. Neither have I seen a sign outside a restaurant urging customers to book a table now.

Has Christmas been cancelled this year without anyone telling me?

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Don't worry, I dropped into Selfridges in mid-August and the Christmas department was already up and running.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    I'm off to Frankfurt in the morning and the wife has asked me to bring back some stollen. Does that count ? :)
    Living MY dream.
  • Fear not, Tesco have half an isle of xmas stuff (likely last years).

Sadly no pfefernusse as yet.
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    We've had xmas stock in our place since August but we're supply supermarkets so Easter eggs will be in stock in January.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    I'm the only one who eats Christmas pud in my house, I noticed over the weekend that there was still an un-opened individual pud in the cupboard, I'll wang it in the post for you :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,207
    I was in Next yesterday and they had all they're Christmas wrapping paper out.
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Wife has already started x mas shopping, in fact she got the xmas tree and decorations in January as the cats wrecked the last one we had, got a nice enough fake tree plus all the decorations for £25. She has also bought the xmas pudding, crackers, wrapping paper and a few presents.

I will be doing my usual Christmas eve shop.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    I have my pine-lined pants on already.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    The family shoot of who's going where has already started
  • Ours is sorted, dinner at the daughters house, boxing day breakfast at ours then fly to Italy in the afternoon.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • simonhead
    Been trying to get the Mrs to go away again for xmas, was so much better than spending it doing the usual family stuff.
  • Lapland again for us this year, can't wait!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    simonhead wrote:
    Been trying to get the Mrs to go away again for xmas, was so much better than spending it doing the usual family stuff.

to be fair to the current wife, she is the one trying to book a holiday. But that would mean no more days off for me till Christmas :shock:
  • arran77
    Lapland again for us this year, can't wait!

You take the family to Pamela Anderson's strip club for Christmas? :shock:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Not heard 'hey mr churchill' yet...
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Soon be time to select my Yule log and mistletoe to celebrate the solstice with the rest of the country.
  • simonhead
    Lapland again for us this year, can't wait!

The wife an i did it a few years ago, we dont have kids but thankfully we were one of about a dozen couples. Had a great time but the wife still insists i ruined christmas by getting very drunk on Xmas day, running up a 300 quid bar tab and still being drunk on our romantic reindeer ride.
  • arran77
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Soon be time to select my Yule log and mistletoe to celebrate the solstice with the rest of the country.

My Yule log usually doesn't make an appearance until Boxing Day morning following the culinary excess of the previous day :twisted:

seanoconn
  • islwyn
    islwyn Posts: 650
    I wear my christmas tree boxers as normal. Constantly festive.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    arran77 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

My Yule log usually doesn't make an appearance until Boxing Day morning following the culinary excess of the previous day :twisted:

Thames Water have made provision and have laid on extra staff. Some armed with sticks.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Im sure there must be a couple of double meanings there ...
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Just spotted my first mince pies. Thanks for the reassurance everyone, I don't think I could have coped without Christmas this year.
  • I have seen a few stacks of Roses, Quality Street etc tins in the last week and rest assured they are the same or higher price than last year whilst also being lighter in weight. Must be the worst value confectionary out there but people love tradition...it's Christmas after all!
  • arran77
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Im sure there must be a couple of double meanings there ...

Oh er missus :shock:

seanoconn