Cycle Computer For Rear Wheel? Extending Cable?

EX360G
EX360G Posts: 6
edited September 2014 in MTB buying advice
So I want a cycle computer for my hardtail Trek mountain bike, to track my speed and exact distance when riding to college and back every day. (I go different routes sometimes)

The problem is I do a lot of wheelying so if the computer was mounted on the front wheel the readings would be off by quite a lot. I was going to get a Cateye Velo Wireless and put the sensor on the back wheel but when I asked someone about that they said the one they had didn't get a signal with the sensor on the back.

Are there any wired computers designed to go on the back wheel or wireless ones which someone can confirm will work on the back wheel? I don't want the Strada Wireless with the sensor on the pedal too. Just a small simple one like the ones that go on the front.

Another thing, could I cut the cable on a wired one and add more cable for it to reach the back?

Sorry if I sound like a noob, I don't know much about the different types I just know that a standard 7-9 function wired one would be perfect if it could be mounted on the back.

Comments