Yearsley Woods

al1392
al1392 Posts: 5
edited September 2014 in Routes
Hi

I'm a recently converted roadie and am looking for some places to ride around the York area. I've been playing on Dalbys red route, with some good success and I've been exploring around Castle Howard. I've heard rumours that Yearsley Moor is good to ride but can't find any information online to back that up.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance
Al

Comments

• lg18
    lg18 Posts: 92
    Hi there,

I was born and bred v close to Yearsley and have often played around Yearsley woods on my MTB (not anymore, I've moved away). It is not huge, but fun enough - the usual mixture of landrover tracks and footpaths (often very muddy, but some in particular tend to be nice and pine-needly and rooty, especially around the E side of the Lake (it's muddy and in places unrideable on the tiny paths on the W side). It's impossible to describe any actual routes - just go there and get lost a few times and work out which paths work best for you. Plenty of different parking options around the top. It's fun, and only 30mins from York so definitely worth exploring. Beware blasted dogs though - I once got literally set-upon by a whole herd of about 7 of them while the owner did literally nothing to stop them.

Have fun!
    Lucy