GPS Navigation

Th3P
Th3P Posts: 91
edited September 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hello all

Ive recently had my Garmin Edge 800 stolen off my bike which has put me at a loss as I`m used to planning a route in basecamp or importing a downloaded route (GPX) into Garmin Basecamp uploading to device and following.
I typically ride in areas Ive never been to so rely on the routing, Im now having to look for a replacement and really need some feedback.

Ive seen a few devices:-

Garmin Edge Touring Plus
Garmin GPSMAP 62
Memory Map Adventurer 2800

Features I need:-
Turn by Turn/Follow style routing
Would be nice but not essential:-
Multi Bike

Any models I should also consider?

Id like to spend around £150 if possible, The Touring Plus looks interesting but I`m not 100% sure on whether GPX files and routes is quite the same as the Edge 800 im used to?
I typically ride 15-30 mile trails pure off road but also have a hybrid that mainly use on tow paths/greenways

Many thanks in advance

Comments

• The Touring handles GPX files and routes though I drop the file into the Touring :Garmin\newfiles folder and they are picked up on next reboot (haven't managed to get basecamp download to device to work with it).
  • Th3P
    Missed out Edge 800 was £166 on Amazon this week
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/garmin- ... on-1998504
  • Th3P
    Mac-cos wrote:
    The Touring handles GPX files and routes though I drop the file into the Touring :Garmin\newfiles folder and they are picked up on next reboot (haven't managed to get basecamp download to device to work with it).

Thanks for the response, Does the Touring show up in Basecamp?
  • Th3P
    Taking a good look at the Mio Cyclo tonight seem impressive and found a discount voucher online
  • Th3P wrote:
    Mac-cos wrote:
    The Touring handles GPX files and routes though I drop the file into the Touring :Garmin\newfiles folder and they are picked up on next reboot (haven't managed to get basecamp download to device to work with it).

Thanks for the response, Does the Touring show up in Basecamp?
    Yup you can see the loaded map and recorded rides /etc as per a normal Garmin Edge , just the transfer to device has never worked for me with the touring ( I think it part of garmin's paired back features )