What bike to buy? Budget £700 max

Tjphillips76
Tjphillips76 Posts: 3
edited September 2014 in Road buying advice
Always been a mountain biker and currently ride a vitus 29er single speed as my daily commute. I'm looking to move over to a road bike as I want to do some bigger rides. Ride to work scheme through work and looking to spend upto a maximum of £700-£750. Only thing I would like is for the bike to be Matt black. Suggestions welcome!

Comments

• These buying a bike through work schemes typically give you a discount of ~25% or more, depending upon your income (higher tax level payers get more discount).

So is your budget of £750 the maximum you want to end up paying (basically allowing you to look at the standard maximum RRP of £1000), or are you looking at a RRP of £750 (that you will pay ~£580 for)?
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Thank never thought about it like that. I would say in that case £1000 for the bike with a final figure of £750
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Look at Planet X RT58 alloy and the Pro Carbon offerings, £699 > £999. Pro Carbon with SRAM Rival 22 is on at £799.
    Don't forget to add the %' that is put on by the bike shop for cycle to work schemes.