27.5 TYRES?? Norrow with less tread? help.

Moreyn
Moreyn Posts: 124
edited September 2014 in MTB buying advice
I have a 27.5 Hardtail with disc brakes. I ride mostly CrossCountry lanes (tarmaced or fire roads) I'm looking for a narrower 27.5 tyre with less tread. I have fitted at present Schwalbe Rapid Rob 27.5 2.25 - I'd like to get down to a 27.5 2.0 or less with a go faster tread. The Schwalbe Rapid Rob are very grippy. Anything out there ?? I have looked - but the Maxxis Crossmark 27.5 - 2.10 is the narrowest I've found. I have RockShox 30 forks . Has anyone noticed anything on offer? help appreciated

Comments

• Ouija
    Ouija Posts: 1,386
    Worth noting that tyre dimensions are referring to height, not width. So it's possible for two tyres that are labelled 27.5 x 2.10 to be different widths from each other, though height is a good indicator of width as well due to tyres being round. But not always the case as rim width and the inclusion of puncture protection strips can give a tyre a more oval shape, making the tyre much narrower than it is high.
  • Moreyn
    Yes, thanks for the geometry lesson. Inflated width/height 27.5 anything 2.0 or less you may have found?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The new Panaracer Comet sounds ideal, bit like a small block 8 and comes as 27.5x2.0
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Moreyn
    The Rookie wrote:
    The new Panaracer Comet sounds ideal, bit like a small block 8 and comes as 27.5x2.0

Thanks,
    I'll try googling them to have a look.