rigid forks

snowster
snowster Posts: 490
edited September 2014 in MTB buying advice
I am looking to experiment with rigid forks has anyone had any experience or recommendations? on a limited budget less than a £100

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Exotic Carbon then....... Same part as other suppliers for example on-one, gets good ratings.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    My experience is that they're brilliant, and I recommend that you go for it. You'll lose a considerable amount of weight up front which you'll definitely notice when climbing and carrying the bike over stiles. If your budget can be stretched, look at full carbon ones - they're even lighter and stronger.
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • Ouija
    Ouija Posts: 1,386
    Just make sure you get the correct Axle to Crown (A2C) for your frame.
  • Ouija wrote:
    Any ideals which folks would fit my bike it's a cube gtc sl 2012 model?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    snowster wrote:
    Ouija wrote:
    Any ideals which folks would fit my bike it's a cube gtc sl 2012 model?
    Measure them, taking a bit of sag into account.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Ouija
    Ouija Posts: 1,386
    Yeah. Simply take a tape measure and put one end on your axle/skewer and stretch it out to the point the bottom of the forks steerer tube enters the frame (where the crown race bearing sits). Then deduct a centimeter or two to allow for the slight sag you'd get in the forks if you were sat on the bike.