Cheap Out in Front Mount

bmxboy10
bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
edited September 2014 in Road buying advice
Can anyone recommend a decent out in front mount for a Garmin 200? Dont want to pay £25-30 for the Garmin one as that seems daft.

Comments

• thefog
    thefog Posts: 197
    Zipp and SRAM ones are about £12 - plenty online at various shops
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    I bought one of THESE
    Np problems at all :mrgreen:
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I've seen unbranded Sram mounts on Ebay for under £10, can't remember where though. I've got 2 Sram mount going spare having just bought Garmin mounts for my bikes.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    Superstar components do them for about a tenner. But out of stock at the moment.

http://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/g ... -black.htm
  • NeXXus
    NeXXus Posts: 854
    g00se wrote:
    Superstar components do them for about a tenner. But out of stock at the moment.

http://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/g ... -black.htm
    Since april really :cry:
    And the people bowed and prayed, to the neon god they made.
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    +1 Sram
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • From memory (I have Garmin ans SRAM) the garmin holds the device a shade lower down, more in line with the stem, the SRAM lifts the device a little - basically the garmin protrudes arounf the midde of the bars, the SRAM is flat on top.

The Garmin has a hex socket bolt inserted from above, the SRAM a Torx bolt from below.

The SRAM looks cleaner, but the Garmin *May* be a tad more aero (Not that it matters when I am just behind either) and is a little more convenient if I need to adjust it.

Paul.
    Giant Defy 2
    Large bloke getting smaller :-)
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    redvee wrote:
    I've seen unbranded Sram mounts on Ebay for under £10, can't remember where though. I've got 2 Sram mount going spare having just bought Garmin mounts for my bikes.

Do you these? I've got two of them and they've been spot on. The only problem, is that you can't remove it without removing the bar tape and shifter too.
  • Not quite sure what you are asking. Both my Garmin and SRAM can be removed or replaced without removing tape.
    Giant Defy 2
    Large bloke getting smaller :-)
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    Ordered a Sram cheers guys