Campagnolo Record 10 speed shifters help

benjo09
benjo09 Posts: 6
edited September 2014 in Workshop
I've just bought a set of Record 10 speed shifters as they were going cheap before I had the chance to research them and was wondering if any one could help with any information about them. I specifically want to know if they have multiple up and down shifts and will any Campag derailleurs be suitable for them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

clients%2Ftheproscloset%2Fphoto_sets%2F445158%2FStephen_Harris_1J_-_TPC_Invest_8.10.14_EH-15.?width=500&height=500
clients%2Ftheproscloset%2Fphoto_sets%2F445158%2FStephen_Harris_1J_-_TPC_Invest_8.10.14_EH-17.?width=500&height=500
clients%2Ftheproscloset%2Fphoto_sets%2F445158%2FStephen_Harris_1J_-_TPC_Invest_8.10.14_EH-16.?width=500&height=500

Comments

• mercia_man
    mercia_man Posts: 1,431
    The same as mine. Yes they have multiple up and down shifts and will work any 10 speed mech. I use them with Chorus medium cage rear and Centaur front. Really good.
  • They are junk, but I am happy to buy them off you for 50 quid, so you can move to 11 speed. :wink:

Yes, they do have the multiple shift capability.... up to 3 up and 3 down. They are great and yes, any campag. derailleur will work fine. I do have a Daytona front and rear mech I might be happy to part with if you are desperate for parts...
    left the forum March 2023
  • Any campag 10 speed rear mech will work. The best front mechs are 2006 or earlier even a 9 speed one will be fine. The 2008 front mechs were normally Q/S which won't work as well with non Q/S L/H shifter. Damm fine shifter I love mine.

Also looks like Campagnolo for 2015 have gone back to the Q/S idea.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • Thanks for all the help. I got them for less than a set of new Veloce shifters so was hoping they were worth it. Now to try to source the rest of the components for cheap or build it out of Centaur and Veloce.