Progressing up from my Triban 5

yertez
yertez Posts: 80
edited September 2014 in Road buying advice
I bought a B'Twin Triban 5 (white) in Jan'14 for £399.
This is the white one with the Sora set (with Ultegra-like shifters, none of the thumb-type ones I hear mentioned).
Carbon fork, carbon seat post, around 10Kg.

And am thinking about my next bike up in performance.

Since Jan, I have done well over 2000 miles and thoroughly enjoying it. Typical ride is about 40 to 70 miles fairly flat countryside - no commuting.
16 to poss 18mph avg speed when soloing. Bit faster with a group (depending who'se at the front). I am 70Kg and ride the 54cm frame.
Highlights: definitely doing some of a LEJOG - 95 mile/8000ft days.

Next bike: Something a tad lighter with no triple on the front (less gear changing needed).
No reason other than because I would like to spend some money around £1000- ish.
Second hand or new would be fine.

Any suggestions ?

Comments

• You have lots of choices at that price range

2nd hand just search this forum as there are loads of top 2010,2011,2012,2013 bikes that are up for sale all with great reviews

New you might want to look at Planet X, Dolan & Ribble who run similar price models of low mark up and higher volume so some really goo deals to be had.

Or in the sales as shops are trying to clear out 2014 new unsold stock to make way for 2015 bikes.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • dombhoy
    dombhoy Posts: 147
    what about the argon in the the classifieds i was looking at it but slightly too small but should be a good fit for you
  • Thanks chaps.
    Excellent suggestions.

I will have to brush up on the various tech specs and get busy.

Particularly like the look of the custom build low margin operators.
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    Carbon Frame 105 gears ....£849.00

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/mach-700-car ... 90154.html
  • The 740 gets good reviews too
  • The 105 version is so much better value than the ultegra.