Yorkshire born and Yorkshire bred...

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,327
edited September 2014 in The cake stop
T' Yorkshire Cricket team's just gone and won t'trophy, by eck. Fust time in 13 yeers.

Where the 'eck is Playing Mantis?
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• Where is Boycott when you need him eh? Solid defensive block all day long...
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,746
    Unfortunately I didn't grow up in Yorks but I still find it deeply offensive when people write / say "t" before words. It's always silent or tagged onto the word before. Why won't people understand :(
    T'ignorant.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    T'wat.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    t'eam47b
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Unfortunately I didn't grow up in Yorks but I still find it deeply offensive when people write / say "t" before words. It's always silent or tagged onto the word before. Why won't people understand :(
    I am Yorkshire born and bred and don't find it offensive at all :roll:
    I actually find it quite funny as unless you're from Yorkshire you can't really do the accent(s).There's dozens of separate dialects of the Yorkshire accent anyway(There's at least 4 in South Yorkshire alone) but you're generally correct 8)
    As for the Cricket...the lads dun gud tha nos :mrgreen:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,471
    Top place, I was born there. Yorkshire even has its own airline.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,471
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Top place, I was born there. Yorkshire even has its own airline.

On a similar note this is one of the funniest sketches to grace the earth :lol:
    As you can see from that sketch, us t'Northerners have got thick skins so you don't need to be offended on our behalf :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]